Passing Notes | Part 6

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and stretched a little. It had been a few days since Barns's birthday. All weekend he kinda taught me how to skateboard. I could manage to get by without falling. I still hadn't managed the skill of turning corners and stuff though. I didn't mind, it was an excuse to spend more time with him. I got out of bed to get ready for the day.

Unfortunately it was Monday. So after I got dressed I made sure I had all of my things. Then I walked downstairs for breakfast. I spoke to my parents before getting on the bus. Like always, I listened to music. Once I got to school I went to the cafeteria like always. I met up with Barns, who was standing in out usual spot. "Hey, how was your ride here?" He asked curiously as we hugged. I didn't care who saw us at this point. It was obvious that he and I were friends.

Although I'm sure some thought that we were more than friends. Everyone liked so spread rumors before actually knowing the truth. "It was nice. What about yours?" I replied, noticing the giraffe beanie on his head. It looked so out of place on him. Especially since he was wearing leather and black clothes. "Boring, but it always is." He said with a small smile and laugh. "You look adorable in that hat by the way." I said with a smile. He blushed, which made him look cuter.

"Oh." He said, taking it off. He shoved it into his backpack. His cheeks were still a light pink in embarrassment. "Why did you take it off? It made you look cute." I said, and his blush darkened. "Yeah, but I don't feel like getting beaten up for wearing it." He said awkwardly. "Fair." I replied. I just hoped that none of the ass holes saw him when he had the hat on. All of a sudden I started to feel a little awkward.

Mostly because I never really thought of Barns as being cute before. It made me have a little bit of butterflies in my stomach. I pushed my thoughts aside, riding it off as something random. It was probably just the hat that made him look cute. "I don't think we'll get to practice skateboarding after school." He said when he glanced out of the window. "Why is that?" I asked curiously. "It's snowing." He replied. I looked out of the window and he was right. White flakes if snow was pouring from the sky.

"Maybe we'll get out of school early." I said, hoping that we would. "That would be great actually. Then we can hangout longer." He said with a smile as he gave me a side hug, which I returned. When we broke the hug we made eye contact. We stood there for a moment, just looking at each other. I looked away and blushes a little. I felt so embarrassed because I got a little lost in his pretty blue eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked curiously in a soft tone that warmed my insides. "Yeah, I'm okay." I replied awkwardly.

I could tell he didn't believe me when I glanced at him. He didn't say anything thing though. I was thankful for that. When we were able to leave the cafeteria we went to his locker. He got his books and we decided to walk the halls a little. "Hey, loser! Get the fuck away from Y/N!!" A jock type said to us. Behind him came my friends. The friends I kinda drifted away from. I suddenly felt very awkward. I wasn't sure what they were going to do.

We froze and I noticed that Barns got very nervous. It broke my heart seeing him that way, especially since he's so sweet. "What are you doing?" I asked. I felt very confused and a little scared. "We're trying to get you away from that weirdo. He's keeping you from your friends." One of them said. "I'm hanging out with him on my free will. Just because he's different doesn't mean he's a bad person." I said, annoyance mixing with my other emotions.

"You can't be serious." They replied. All of them were surprised. "I'm serious. He and I have become best friends. I'm not sorry that it bothers you either. Come on... let's get away from these ignorant people." I said as I gently took Barns's hand. He followed me a little as we walked together. Eventually we started walking side my side. He gently squeezed my hand before rubbing it with his thumb. "Thank you for being such a wonderful person, Y/N." He said before leaving a soft kiss on my temple.

I blushed from the kiss, and he blushed too. "I'm sorry if that was inappropriate." He said shyly. "It's okay." I replied as I gave him a side hug. He hugged me back, making me feel warm inside. "You're a wonderful person too, Barns." I said before kissing his cheek, which made him blush again. He walked me to my class where we said goodbye. I couldn't help the small smile that stayed on my face. Halfway through the second class the principal made an announcement.

Everyone was going to be sent home early due to the bad weather. It sounded like the whole school erupted in excitement. I was excited because I could hangout with Barns once school was over. When the last bell rang, I quickly left to meet Barns at his locker. He was already there putting his books away. "Hey, what do you wanna do now that school is over?" I asked curiously. "Hmm... we could hangout at your place if you want." He replied. "Sure, that's fine with me." I said with a smile.

Once we had all of our things we headed towards my bus. Thankfully my bus driver allowed him to join me. Usually you need a written permission form. But I guess he didn't care since we got out early. Barns and I listened to music together during the ride. When we got to my place we went inside. "We should probably start on out homework shouldn't we?" He asked as we entered the living room. "We should even though I don't want to." I replied, and he laughed a little.

We sat on the couch and got our books out. He was having a hard time keeping focused. He kept joking around and making me laugh. "Come on, we have to get this finished." I said through giggles. He smiled and hugged me. "I'm sorry for being a distraction. I just love your laugh, it's so cute." He said, making me blush. The butterflies returned as well. "Your laugh is cute too." I said shyly. He gently tightened his arms around me, but didn't say anything.

After what felt like forever, we managed to finish our assignments. "You wanna build a snowman or something? There's enough snow out there." He said as we put our books away. I told him yes, and we got bundled up again. We walked into the front yard and started building a snowman. Once we were finished we too selfies with the snowman. I just thought it would be a good memory to have and keep.

He ended up starting a snowball fight. We were throwing snowballs at each other, giggling and laughing. "Okay, I surrender. I surrender." He said with a smile, holding his hands up. "You promise?" I asked, looking at him skeptically. "I promise." He replied with a smile. He hugged me to prove his point, and I hugged him back. When we broke the hug I noticed how pretty his eyes were. They looked so bright and blue in contrast to the white snow.

He was wearing his giraffe beanie again, which made him look adorable. His cheeks and nose were red from the cold. I'm sure I probably looked the same way. "We should go inside. I can make us some hot cocoa." I said. "I love got cocoa. Do you have marshmallows?" He asked as we walked inside. "Of course." I said as we took some layers off. We walked into the kitchen with me. He grabbed the cups as I heated the tea kettle.

"I know I say this a lot, but I really like spending time with you." He said, making me feel warm inside. "I like spending time with you too." I replied softly. He put the hot chocolate packets into our cups. When the water was ready I poured it into our cups. Then stirred the hot chocolate packets into the water. When I glanced at him he was already looking at me. A soft smile in his plump lips. 'I wonder what it would feel like to be kissed by them.' I unconsciously thought.

My thoughts made me blush and I hoped that he didn't notice. I grabbed the marshmallows and we added them to our hot chocolate. Then we walked into the living room to watch tv. We drank our drinks and cuddled under a blanket. I felt so happy and safe. He wrapped an arm around me, and I snuggled into his side. "Can I touch your hair?" He asked shyly. The both of us blushed. I told him yes, which seemed to make him less nervous.

He played with my hair a little, giving me butterflies. I wished we could stay like that forever. I heard my parents come home from work, and we stopped cuddling. It made me a little sad that we had to stop. I started to wonder if I was developing a crush on Barns.

++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3