ch40

Ring!!!                                         
The Telephone rang, and I turned to look in the direction of the sound. Third was taking his cell phone out of his pocket, and after a while he left the room.                                          
Bone who was sitting next to him said:                                         
"P'An"  Shit! It’s a ghost!                                          
"Too, didn’t you say you wanted to help me see Third’s cell phone?" I turned to look at Too who’s sitting in the chair. From that day until now, my plan to regain my love was ineffective because we were too careless.
"Who knew he was talking to P'An? After all, I don’t think he cares about anyone but you."                                         
"But now he cares!"                                        
"Eh eh eh eh, I’ll take a look later."                                        
"But don’t just say it, we can’t wait that long."                                         
"Okay... But before I do, I have a question. You didn’t fall off the bike because you were going too fast, did you? Because I don’t think you have that kind of problem."                                         
"It’s like I ... kissed Third, and then he woke up."
"Shit! Why do you do things without using your brain? Is your name Kai or Kwai*?" You really know how to salt the wound, my dear fellow.                     
* Kwai = buffalo but it’s also slang for "stupid" or "idiot""                                         
"I couldn’t help it!" There’s no way to control such things as sex/impulse, and I haven’t slept with a woman for so long, what can I do?                                          
"So, after you kissed him, you left?"                                         
"No, Third said he hated me and I just couldn’t accept it."
"Ouch! I can’t understand it. Normally Third wouldn’t express himself like that"                                         
"You don’t know what it was like to use Third and the feeling it gave me, and how serious it seemed at the time. Third never talked to me like that, apart from P'An, I couldn’t concentrate while driving. So the bike flipped."                                        
"You are mentally disabled".                                         
Is it the same friend that comforts me when I fall? It feels like I’m gonna step on it, or maybe it’s just gonna dig a hole and bury me alive.
"I will give you a merciful analysis. You must understand when Third feels angry or hurt. After all, you’re the one who kissed him first, and you have to accept what he says". 
"..."
"And most importantly, he doesn’t know what you’re thinking. Things have to be done step by step. If you’re so impatient, you’ll die sooner or later".
¡Bang! My heart was in my throat when the door opened, and my two brainy friends quickly and expertly picked up the phone as if they had no idea what we were talking about.
"Who called you?"  Now that I’ve used my mom to keep him close, I have to ask.
"A superior".
"A senior student?"
"Mind your own business".
"But I want to be nosy."
"Why didn’t you break your mouth when you broke your leg, you’re so annoying?" Why is Third so ruthless now? I can barely breathe, but I don’t want to argue with him anymore either. I saw him sitting on the couch again and shortly after Too went to sit beside him, Bone sat on the chair.
"Holy shit, Third".
"Hmm?"
"Lend me your phone. My phone is dead". He’s my best friend. He never let me down. I just begged him for a while and he decided to help me right away.
"I brought a charger."  But it did not last long, the dream was shattered, oh ho, that bad luck.
"No! Well, I’d also like to take a look at your play store.
I don’t know what my phone has these days. I can’t even download an app".
"Okay, go load it first, and I’ll take a look at it later." 
"No, I don’t have power on my phone. It will take me a long time to turn it on. Why? Aren’t you willing to help me with this little favor?" Too began to sharpen, but still seemed a good talker.
Third seemed to be thinking about something. He kept looking at me and Bone, but we looked through all this, and he immediately said:
"Don’t bother me. I’m playing a game. Don’t mess with me". 
"Hey, I have to send a line to my mom, what are you waiting for?" 
"Uh Uh Uh."
Done! In the end, Third’s phone finally came into Too’s hands. I don’t know what Too found, but I should know some of Third’s secrets by now as I saw him clicking and sliding through the phone.
Soon there were two uninvited guests in the room, and I took a deep breath to prepare for P'Cent and my number one rival, P'An.
"Well, sir, what brings you here?" What Bone said was the prelude to World War III.
"I need to see my hero. How are you?" P'Cent walked in and stood by the bed and smiled and asked me about my condition. P'An put the fruit bag in his hand and sat next to Third. Damn, I forbid you to sit there, if you could stop me, I would beat you worse than mine, a hundred times worse than mine.
"Kai, I asked you a question. Please answer. Don’t stare at the couch all the time." The man by the bed caught my eye again. 
"What did you ask me?" I replied angrily, eyes fixed on Third.
"How are you doing?"
"As you can see, my leg is broken, my head is still leaking, and I have a wound. I need someone to take care of me, instead of sitting on the side and chatting with others, and turning a blind eye to the injured person. That’s not right." I said a long list of things in one breath, not for my sake but for someone who was whispering sitting on the couch.
But in the end, it didn’t work at all, because Third didn’t even want to talk to me.
"Stop complaining, you know about the play?"
"Yes, who will take my place?"
"A rookie, which is the moon of the law department. Even if he knows how to act, he’s still different from you, because for this role he has to be someone who’s a real bastard".
"If you want to talk like that, you better tell me straight. I know I’m a bastard, I’ve done a lot of stupid things and I’m selfish, but that doesn’t mean other people are better than me". I said while looking at the couch.
Oh, how long do I have to endure this day?
"It takes time to check something like that."
"Sometimes time doesn’t work." 
"That depends on whether you work hard or not." 
"Are you sure?"
"Now that you’ve broken your leg, I’m afraid you’ll never catch up. "
Ow! Are we talking about the play? I almost forgot. I thought we were talking about Third and that crap. 
"Are you sure you came to see me?" I asked P'Cent. 
"Yes."
"Are you coming to see me or Third?" Now that everyone knows who I mean, the man I asked turned his head and replied simply: 
"I’m looking for Third". 
"..."
"There’s work to talk about." 
"Isn’t it enough to chat online? Or do they have to look at each other’s faces while talking? "
"Okay, Third, let’s go out and talk."
"No, Third has to take care of me. I’m in a bad state". 
"I see you’re in a good mood, talking all the time, and you have your other two friends."
"Third, you promised my mom you’d take good care of me, and now you’re gonna leave me like this? I’m very disappointed." I was being so spoiled that everyone sighed helplessly.
I hate myself now, too, but to keep Third from following him, I can only stay that way.
"You’re like a little boy, Kai. 'Cause we changed the lead actor all of a sudden, so we have an urgent rehearsal tonight.  We need to speak clearly with Third about our work. Please, I hope you can understand us." P'Cent didn’t take long to tell me the truth, and I instantly felt guilty.
"I’m sorry. Please help me apologize to all superiors. I’ve caused everyone a lot of trouble."
"It was just an accident. Nobody blames you, and everyone is very disconcerted. After all.... Your leg was broken. How did you get back from med school? Are you Rambo?"
"I was numb at the time, so I didn’t think my leg was broken."
"But it’s good that you’re safe now."
"Uh-huh."
"Just go back and continue to control the sound effects. Your friends are waiting for you to come back".
"Uh-huh."
"Anyway, we at Likebrary also need someone like you to be good at controlling sound effects."
"Do you want to talk to me now or look at the people around you?"
"Talk to you".
"You talk to me but you never look into my eyes.  If Third was a betta fish, I’d be changing my color to get pregnant. Son of a bitch!"
"Uh-huh."
"Uh-huh, your mother, you stupid bastard."
P'Cent is cursing me with gnashing teeth, but who cares now? The important thing is that the two men sitting there are mumbling to each other. I don’t know what they’re talking about, I just want to rip their mouths off.
¹Betta fish: 
The males, at the moment of seeing the female, raise or extend their fins bragging and trying to conquer her to mate. If the female is also interested, it will darken her color and develop vertical lines known as "breeding bars" ("breeding bars") as an answer.