Chapter Forty-One

Dumbledores office was hidden behind this giant eagle, and I found myself staring at its large wings as I realized I didnt have a clue what the password was to get inside. It was getting late, dinner had been over for a while now and Harry would probably think I didn't want to talk to him if I waited too much longer, which was not anything that I wanted.

"Lemon Drops." I heard a familiar voice say behind me, I was shocked to see it was Professor Snape. The eagle started to slide to the side and suddenly a slender staircase took it's spot.

"We don't have all night, Ms. Soloria." His low drone rumble said from beside me.

"Are you coming to the meeting as well, Professor?" I asked, taking slow steps up the stairs to Dumbledores office. "Obviously." He said, I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

Dumbledores office was open and the pair of us slid inside, Dumbledore was grinning at me behind his desk. I felt guilty since Draco and I were meant to kill the man this year, even though neither of us believed we would actually be able to succeed.

"Ah, Alisanna my dear!" Dumbledore exclaimed and stood from his chair before walking around his desk to stand in front of us.

"You wanted to talk?" I asked. My palms were sweaty, and a bead of sweat rolled down my forehead and landed on my nose. I could stand up to Voldemort himself and here I was sweating bullets standing in front of our headmaster.

"You don't need to be nervous Ali, I know everything." He told me, my eyes went wide.

"Wh-a-at?" I said with a stutter. Dumbledore chuckled and motioned for Snape and I to take the seats in front of his desk.

"Im hyper aware of the mark on your arm Alisanna, I'm also aware of the task you have been given by the Dark Lord himself." I felt like my jaw hit my knees with how shocked I was. How the hell could Dumbledore know about everything that happened this summer, there was no possible way he could have known that.

"Professor, I don't know what you are—" I started to try and diffuse the situation, but Dumbledore holding up his hand caused me to shut my mouth. I was shocked he knew, but even more surprised by the smile on his face. If I knew someone had been sent to kill me, and they were sitting only feet away from me, the last thing I would be wanting to do was plaster on a giant grin for them.

"I know I may be old, but I know so much more than people give me credit for."

"You aren't old, Professor." I said tucking some of my hair behind my ear. "You don't look a day over thirty." Dumbledore chuckled and leaned against the edge of his desk.

"I thank you my dear." He said with the same smile on his elderly face. "But we have much to discuss, Severus." He said nodding to Snape, who then turned to face me.

"A long time ago I came to Albus for help, and in return he gave me a proposition that was something I could not pass up. You've seen me at the meetings with The Dark Lord all summer, but what you do not know is I have been feeding Dumbledore information for for over Fifteen years."