Chapter 54 - The Island

TW: Descriptions of depression, death, and despair

----- 

It took the heroes all night to figure out a proper game plan to raid the base of the NVA's operations. At least what they assumed was the base of their operations.

Just two hours after they left Hiyokuna's estate, Tsukauchi with Shimizu by his side came into Katsuki's office, all the details of the Hiroki assets listed and broken down in a spreadsheet while they explained all what they found.

The most important detail was the Island's location that was southeast off the coast of the Shizuoka Prefecture. A perfect forty five degree diagonal line from the warehouse where Hina was found.

They planned a group of heroes who'd be perfect for the infiltration, a select few who personally volunteered in respect for their care for Katsuki and their newfound friendship with Hina. And as soon as they got their divisions for their team—one for stealth, one for strength, one for healing, and one for versatility—they set out in Froppy's submarine to the Island.

They reached just three hours before dawn, and Katsuki was itching to breathe fresh air. He hated being restricted in a tank underwater; it was too suffocating for his liking.

So the moment they anchored just a few meters offshore, Midoriya used Black Whip and Float to bring the heroes on the beach in groups of ten, all until the group of forty five were settled on the unstable sand in the flank of the island that wasn't being monitored.

Katsuki paced across the sand, impatient while the teams assembled their operations amongst themselves for the most effective infiltration. He knew it was needed, but sitting still was nearly impossible for him when he could finally feel Hina's heartbeat within his chest from the close distance.

He grumbled, his ear filled with his heart thumping and hers in rhythm. All until Eijiro held his shoulder and Midoriya directed his attention to the semi-detailed map they retrieved through satellite images.

The island was shaped exactly like the main Hiyokuna estate, only smaller, and the building was the shape of a cube; made of slate gray concrete and shiny steel bars. Looked more like a prison hold than a place for luxury like Mieko had mentioned.

They were on the southern tip of the island, the part of the island farthest from the main building and completely shrouded in tall bamboo and dense foliage. In order to get more details, they'd need to send the stealth team out to gather more information.

"I'm going too." Katsuki said when they finished explaining the plan for how the stealth heroes would go in to gain the most information they could as quickly as possible.

Most of the lot gaped in shock, some shook their heads in disbelief. The only ones not entirely surprised or even discouraging were his classmates from UA. The peers who've seen him at his worst and his best, the people who encourage him to be who he is rather than what people think he is.

"Stay on channel four, we'll be listening for any updates," Tsukauchi said, typing on his laptop without looking up. "Don't get too close to the building, Dynamight. They have thermal sensors specifically for Hina's quirk in case she escapes and it could detect yours as well."

Katsuki nodded

"Better not make a sound," Kyoka smirked as she tightened the speakers on her wrists, ensuring the clasps for the easy detachment were in smooth condition.

With a click of his tongue, he rolled his eyes and bit through clenched teeth. "Don't tell me what to do, Ears."

She smiled and started her way through the forest, not another word exchanged between the team. And Katsuki followed close behind, trying his best to restrain the itch in his palms to explode the forest down.