Chapter 55 - Sunrise

Hina didn't know how long it's been since she realized Katsuki's heartbeat was closer than ever, but she knew it was a long while through the night from how the twilight started to flicker warmth into her cell.

After Xerox left her, two associates with their identities covered using white cat masks came inside. They forced her on the ground, taking the larger cot away and leaving her with the dank one on the floor.

She shivered from the cold encasing her, from the darkness and the chill starting to consume her from within. It wasn't until she felt whispers of Katsuki's warmth.

Phantoms of his touch on her cheeks and echoes of his voice in her ears, all promises for what will come. She knew it was from his efforts that she felt the surge of hope that had already crushed in Xerox's grasp.

Somehow, with his desperation and his courage—which she admired so wholly—he pulled her out of the pit of gloom she'd fallen in. And after feeling him again, so close yet so far, she knew she couldn't give up. Not yet. Not now.

The metal door creaked open again, this time the stench of grease and thick, dense fear seeped into the room.

Hesitantly, she turned around, her entire being paralyzed in terror from finding storm gray eyes.

"Finally," He breathed, his breath fogging from the cold the ocean crept in, "I can have my fill before you go."

The bounce light from the twilight sky casting an eerie glow in the concrete walled cell, casting shadows on his face too, enhancing the wrinkles of his wicked grin.

She scrambled on her palms and knees. "Stay away!" She hissed, a stray tear falling involuntarily.

He laughed in glee. Fear was his medicine for fatality, his drug for an enjoyable buzz. An addiction he could never practice withdrawal from. Not when his quirk made him both dependent and blithe from the rush in his veins when amplifying one's fear.

With another step forward, he bent forward, grabbing her by the jaw and forcing her to stand on her feet. She grabbed his arm with both her hands, her nails digging into his skin to pry him off. Her grip, however, was too meak, too soft for him to even flinch at.

It made him smile wider, made his acrid stink fill the room faster.

He was delighted to see her try so desperately. After all, desperation only makes his quirk work all the better.

His hand went from her jaw to her neck, right above the collar suppressing her quirk, and he pushed her against the wall. He leaned forward, his face in hers and his scent overpowers and his quirk activates.

They were back in the alley behind the grocery store. Back in the inky darkness surrounded in blue flames, back in the ocean warehouse where she barely escaped.

Nonetheless, she tried to fight the fear crawling in her lungs, gnawing in her gut, choking her throat. She fought by kicking in between his legs once again. It worked once, who's to say it won't work again.

But her aim was obvious, her strength was near nil, and he caught it with his free hand, the fingers in her neck squeezing and pulling tears from her eyes.

"Now now." He cackled; he was enjoying it a little too much. "That won't work a second time, little doll."

His grip loosened and she coughed- spluttered weakly, "Don't call me that."

"You are in no position to tell me what to do." His eyes glowed silver, and her eyes widened as the hallucinations started.

Again she was in the darkness, and instead of blue fire she was surrounded by red and white roses, and a black and white checkered floor suddenly appeared on the floor. Voices echoed all around her- intrusive thoughts she once said and felt.