Chapter 35 - The Time We Fell

Part II

Hina can never get over the green blur of the city when nearing Midnight Hills.

The picturesque nature of all the foliage merging into one giant stroke of art has always given her inspiration for her own pieces of art. Of her own strokes of paint on blank canvases.

However, today she couldn't pay attention to the beauty framed through the window. Because she was too busy hiding herself from Katsuki's watchful gaze and shying from Midoriya's praises.

"You won't believe it, Kacchan." Midoriya said with stars in his eyes from recalling the memory. "The way Tanaka-san made everyone quiet with the slam of the door, it was like you were there in the room."

"Mouuu, Deku-kun." Hina whined, leaning back into the leather seats and hiding herself in her hands.

Katsuki smirked, glancing back from the passenger seat, his vermillion iris meeting Hina's azure one that was peeking between her fingers.

"Is that so?" He asked nonchalantly, enjoying the way Hina squirmed in embarrassment. "I can't believe Firework bought herself a spine."

"I think it was the effect of your empathy link." Midoriya mused, stopping at a red light.

"Sure." Katsuki said, leaning back and closing his eyes as he enjoyed the influx of sweet coffee swirl around him. "Like you'd know that True Beta scum."

Midoriya snorted, swerving the steering wheel to turn left. "Har har, Kacchan." He said sarcastically, and then mumbled. "At least I'm not a thick headed Alpha."

Hina belted out a hearty laugh as Katsuki snarled from his reclined position, crossing his arms with a pouty expression.

"I'd like to hear what ya said again, shitty nerd." He grumbled, purposely dialing the knob of his hearing aid at a higher pitch.

Midoriya tensed slightly, a sweat dripping down his temple. "Oh, it's nothing Kacchan." He squeaked, taking a pause when they reached the gates of Midnight Hills.

"Damn straight, it's nothin'." He huffed.

The gates opened, and Midoriya zoomed to Katsuki's house within two minutes. He pulled up to the driveway carefully, making sure to not jerk it so Katsuki's wounds wouldn't be disrupted.

Katsuki was growling with impatience ready to snap at the driver. But Midoriya already turned off the ignition, opening the door with a new urgency. The glimpse Katsuki had of Midoriya's expression made him jump in his nerves.

He followed the bush haired hero as quickly as he could, his steps light and hurried.

"What is it?" Katsuki asked, tapping on Midoriya's shoulder.

He didn't respond immediately, his stance tensing for a moment before relaxing again.

He turned around, his green eyes sternly penetrating red rubies. "Danger sense."

Katsuki's eyes widened, his muscles wound tight, and arms flexing for a fight. "Where?"

"It's gone now."

"They're in the neighborhood?"

"It triggered as soon as I turned left-" He pointed at the entrance of the street, "-to get in here."

Katsuki glared at the neck of the road. "A search then?"

Midoriya nodded, "I'll inform Koda."

Katsuki frowned, his mind wandering to a blistering day he'd witnessed Hina's grumbles and her artistic talent.