Chapter 9 - Progress

Bakugo woke up late today.

At least, that's what he thought when the enticing scent of chocolate pancakes wafted into his room. But, when he glanced at the alarm clock on his left side table, he saw it was only a few minutes prior for the blaring alarm to ensue.

He sat up, unplugging the alarm clock to prevent an early head ache, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Throwing his covers, he stomped on the soft carpet, neatly yet quickly making his bed. A yawn pulled single tears from his eyes while he tucked the comforter, and his assortment of black and orange pillows placed in a well organized pile while he flicked the hot liquid away.

After inspecting his work, he trudged his feet to the bathroom, heading straight for the sink. He twisted the knob, pooled water in his cupped hands, throwing the water on his face unceremoniously. When the sleep refused to leave, he frowned, annoyed at its stubbornness and threw water on his face till the drowsiness retreated. A few moments later, he was satisfied with his lack of fatigue.

Picking up a toothbrush and paste, he started growling at the germs inhabiting his mouth. Eventually his sound picked up to the point where he was practically yelling 'Die! Die germs! Die!' in a comical sense.

Hina was baffled when she heard his muffled rage at the bacteria in his mouth. She widened her eyes, nodded her head in disbelief, and continued flipping and dishing out the chocolate pancakes with grace.

She knew she wasn't an amazing cook like Bakugo, but she was confident in her breakfast making skills. Especially when it was her sole responsibility to cook the most important meal of the day for her family since the tender age of ten.

After a few minutes, the ash blond's rage muffled in the background was gone, eventually replaced by the hard thumps of footfalls travelling down the stairs.

"Morning." He rasped while reaching the kitchen, his throat sore from his morning yaps.

She placed one last pancake on top of a stack of four pancakes on the second plate. "Good morning."

He took out their mugs from the cupboard, pouring the hot coffee in his and preparing tea in hers.

"Mandarin or Jasmine?" He asked.

"Neither." She said, watching his eyebrow perk up, silently questioning what she would like then. "Surprise me."

He smirked, looking through the selection of teas. He picked up a packet of cardamom green tea and grabbed the honey. While he finished her tea, she placed small cubes of butter on top of the pancakes, sliced strawberries to accompany after the butter rapidly melted.

"I didn't know you battled villainous germs every morning." Her mouth puffed in mock astonishment as she put the plates with two pairs of a fork and a knife on the island. "Seems like grueling work."

His right eye twitched.

This woman heard everything, and was now making fun of him!

The audacity!

Clearly she has a death wish.

She witnessed his face contort into one of vexation; it was all too amusing for her. Her lower lip was captive to her teeth, her facial muscles straining not to break her false stoicism and release the suppressed chuckles that were begging for indulgence like birds flapping their wings in a small wire cage.

He grit his teeth, letting his complexion redden at the humility of being caught in his childish antics, and placed the two mugs beside the plates. Despite his bubbling furor, he kept them delicately, careful to not spill the precious brews.