Chapter 18 - Lifeboat

Thank you so much for 100 votes on this fic! I never thought I'd get this far and all y'all support means everything to me. I hope I can deliver my best till the very end :)

Sending buckets of hugs and kisses <3

-----

The summer heat was Bakugo's favorite type of weather. It made him feel so powerful with the rays of sunshine only warming his skin faster and fueling his palms with more robust explosions at a much quicker pace. But with that, control on his quirk was extremely important. Something he already excelled in and admittedly wanted to aid Hina in learning.

It's been a while since they'd trained her quirk, and today's blistering incalescent had the perfect conditions to work on it, most probably in the forest clearing they'd trained in. Plus, if the memory of training with Dabi would be triggered in an enclosed space, Bakugo thought that the outdoor space would be the perfect place to get over her fear of that wretched stitch face.

About Dabi, Bakugo had a sudden rage building up in his chest as he drove through the streets of Musutafu. That bastard. He had an urge, an unbearable itch, to punch that villain till he bleeds crimson, question him with no mercy. Question him as to why he was so hell bent on Hina and her suffering. He'd already accomplished in killing Endeavor, so his next target should be Shoto. So why? Why would the villain shift all his energy to a woman from a different universe only to conform her to this universe's... standards?

With gritted teeth, he revved his engine at the gate, trying to simmer the anger before he got home and saw Hina. The last thing he wanted to do was to beget her distant from him due to his lack of control when it came to his ire at the villain tormenting her in her sleep. 

After routinely going through the gates, zooming through the neighborhood, and jerking the car to a stop, he slammed the door, heading to the house with an excitement to train in the outdoors after so long.

The last time he'd done such an exercise was years ago with Deku when they were engaged in a match to decide, officially, who was the strongest. It ended up being a friendly bout, leaving the two in intoxicating laughter, much reminiscent of their childhood adventures prior to the ash blond's quirk manifestation.

With a small smirk at the fond memory, Bakugo kicked the door open as he always does, his keys shoved in his pockets.

Suddenly a wall of bitter coffee and mild cinnamon surged at him with full force, nearly knocking him over.

OMEGA. His inner alpha screamed in worry. OMEGA IN DANGER.

Bakugo's chest heavily moved up and down, the scent of a distressed omega fogging all perception of his senses.

It took him a few seconds to gain bearing before the awareness of Hina in danger finally sunk in. Without bothering to close the front entrance, he ran up the stairs, following the potency of her scent.

He stomped along the veranda, his thoughts perturbed at the thought of her in danger. Especially after yesterday's discovery of the NVA being on the move.

You better be okay. He thought, dread coursing through his veins at the thought of her in danger.

He advanced through her wide open door, his eyes frantically searching for her. Hina's scent led to her bathroom door which was open just a smidge, a beam of light peeking through the crack.

He slammed the door wide open, not caring whether the impact was too intense for the door hinges to hold.

It took him a few seconds to realize that he could smell an omega's scent completely exposed and vulnerable, and that the shower was running. But his anxiety for Hina's well-being overruled the rational part of his brain, leaving him to do the one thing he could only think of at the time.