Chapter 27 - Forgotten Memories

Hina's heat ended in the morning.

She practically dove for the shower after she woke up from her deep slumber, scrubbing all the sweat and heat essence off of her skin.

The third day of her heat, which was yesterday, was a more pleasant one compared to the first two. Especially since she was asleep practically the entire day, save for when her stomach would grumble for some reprieve from hunger or when nature called.

Now the main issue she faced, and she was nowhere near prepared for, was the amnesia.

Yes.

The amnesia.

She had no recollection of the past three days, and the evidence of her cheekiness in their text messages was haunting the poor woman.

Never in her life was she as bold as she was those three days (at least that is what she thought) and with the fact she was so brazen with her words on text she could only imagine the horrors of what could've transpired with the alpha she was communing with.

There might've been a mercy for her ignorance in the matter. If she knew exactly how much she'd teased the man, she couldn't- wouldn't be able to face the shame that came with it.

Especially since she had no idea how three of his smelliest pieces of clothing found their way into her nest, his scent of burnt citrus and sandalwood lingering and melding with hers in the room.

As Hina had her own existential crisis while drying her hair with a towel, Bakugo was cooking them breakfast.

He'd heard the water rushing through the pipes when she started her shower, and with that information alone he knew her heat ended. A flip of the pancake and a smirk unfurled on his lips with the thought of teasing the omega relentlessly from her antics the past few days.

When he heard the small footfalls coming down the stairs he went back to his mask of indifference, bordering on faux annoyance; he still had to maintain his image with the omega as best as he could.

He turned around, plating their breakfast, his eyes briefly meeting hers as he peeked at what she was doing standing as still as a statue. When he noticed her nervous jitters taking reign, he knew something was just... off.

"What ya standin' there for?" He asked gruffly, his tone absolutely disinterested just as it was when he'd first lived with her.

Her eyes widened, her sapphires glistening with both stupor and unease. "Um- the thing is I- I-"

Bakugo snarled, an irritated growl leaving him. "The hell you stutterin' for? Just spit it out."

"I-"

"Firewor-"

"I don't remember anything."

Silence.

Just uncomfortable, unbearable, dark, suffocating and nerve-wrecking silence.

He looked up, his eyes analyzing her scrunched up face, her squeezed shut eyes, her strung tight posture, her balled fists.

No where could he find a twitch that said she was lying. No where.

Goddammit.

Now how the hell was he supposed to deal with these disgusting feelings of his?

Somewhere deep down in the pits of his soul and the deep crevices of his heart he knew she'd forget. It was a hunch that twisted in his gut whenever they'd get too close or when she'd tease him till he was scarlet. It was in those moments, those handful of warm and beautiful seconds where he just knew she wouldn't remember any of it. Knew that there was a high probability that she didn't feel the same way as her heat drenched brain. Knew that the chemistry of her bodily functions was creating a fake persona of hers that just wasn't her.