Chapter 41 - Let the Games Begin

Two years ago

The corpse of his mentor burned in the center of the office, the pair of villains shattering the window as they held onto eachother.

Katsuki's eyes were wide in shock glancing to his friend before glaring at the villainous Todoroki. The scent of sorrow and anger plumed from Shoto, fire and ice releasing from his palm straight to his brother and the other villain in his arms; a woman with jet black hair and purple eyes that matched the forcefields she could conjure.

Shoto didn't only lose a mentor though. He lost his father.

And the rage he radiated as he chased after his brother was both heartbreaking and concerning.

The pair of heroes chased the pair of villains, their firepower starting to speed up at the ultraviolet platform that was losing altitude.

Dabi hadn't used his firepower as they fled, but he suddenly decided to burst a jet of cerulean flames at a flower shop.

Katsuki protected the florist just in time, the explosion after the fire met the pipes along the building was devastating. The flower shop was destroyed instantaneously, the smell of gas making him gag involuntarily.

Those damned villains thought of everything it seemed.

It was the perfect diversion. Civilians were running in all directions, panic and fear thick in the air as the heroes tried to continue their chase amidst the chaos.

Rescue heroes were already at the scene, reassuring Katsuki and Shoto to continue the chase as they got the general public covered.

They rushed, the fire Dabi attacked them with the perfect fuel for them to heat up and gain speed to catch the villains quicker.

Within a block, police department officials were hot on their tail as well, the helicopter in the sky guiding the heroes to the villain's hiding place too.

They reached the building that had Nakamura Enterprises' logo plastered on the top; the building they were hiding in, and they saw a window many floors up shattered from the impact of their forceful entry.

"I'm going to burn them inside." Shoto fumed, the flames on his left side licking up his arm.

Katsuki grabbed Shoto's right arm, "Yer bein' a crazy bastard!" He hissed. "What's the difference between you and him!"

Shoto yanked his arm out of his grip, his eyes glaring daggers Katsuki's never seen him bare. "He killed the old man right when-" He sucked in a breath through his gritted teeth. "When..."

"Don't do shit you'll regret." Katsuki hissed, flicking his friend's forehead. "Use your ice for something useful for once and cool your head."

"Use your explosion then."

Katsuki tensed, his shoulders straightened as he sharpened his glare to his friend.

"Huh?!"

"It'll be enough impact to scare them out of the building. Then we could capture them."

"I ain't riskin' topplin' an entire skyscraper on two people, Half and Half bastard." He hissed, his hands clenching and muscles tensing. "Even if they are villain scum."

Interrupting them was a police officer, shaking from the heat they exuded. "You've got the clear to go all out." He said, pointing to the building. "The reinforcements of the building were built to withstand a large explosion. Even if all the windows shatter, the building shouldn't fall."