Chapter 60 - Dynamight Agency

Last week, I didn't have as much time to write this chapter; and I gotta say this is on the smaller side cause I took out a scene that I found irrelevant to the rest of the book.

Thank you for y'all continuous support! Enjoy reading!

-----

The drive to the city was static. Katsuki laced his gloved hand in hers the whole way to the agency. It was exceptionally warmer, almost scalding to the point Hina could feel her sweat bead at her fingertips.

Her quirk was another concern she had. It had changed. Evolved. It had gotten stronger and more complex.

She wanted to start training for it as soon as she could. She just didn't know when to bring it up to Katsuki.

Probably after learning the full extent of the agency would be good.

Katsuki turned into the parking lot, parking his car on the fourth floor, the parking spot reserved for him. Getting inside was quick too; she was scanned and screened in the elevator that took her two floors higher until reaching the heroes' main entrance of their agency.

She remembered a rough idea of the sixth floor's layout; she knew where Deku's temporary office was and where the main meeting hall was. Still, the last time she was here, she was more worried about Katsuki's well-being than actually absorbing the brilliant simplicity of the place.

Plain dark walls decorated with bright oranges and reds with dull greens reflected Katsuki's hero suit. Pops of reds and blues were framed in gold and almost always had the letters "UA" embedded in them in some way.

Hina didn't know why they were sprinkled in every corner in such saturation, but it was safe to say that the logo had a big hand in Katsuki's success.

He guided her through the main hall, introducing both familiar and unfamiliar faces from the raid to save her. Denki a.k.a. Chargebolt, the hero who brought her back to life. Mirio a.k.a. Lemillion, the hero who helped capture Lupa on the island. Kyoka a.k.a. Earphone Jack, the hero who coordinated the attack in perfect execution.

She even met the girl he saved on the news two months ago, Toka Hibana. She was an intern in his agency, shadowing him whenever he went out for patrol and then shadowing Mina when inside the building.

That was until before the attack. Mina was in the hospital beside Eijiro the entire time. He was still recovering.

It was thanks to him they captured Xerox and three of the villains that guarded his office with everything they had. The most peculiar thing was that all of their records were wiped. Everything was unknown. All except their quirks and where their loyalties lie.

Hina found all this out as she observed Katsuki's crazy wall in his office; the last room down the hall and the biggest one she'd seen besides the meeting hall. Since Katsuki was just called into a meeting two rooms over, he told her to wait for her inside here. The one place he knew no one who he didn't trust would never dare barge in.

And just like his home, it was plain simple walls with sleek decorations sparsely kept in the room. All except his award showcase in the corner close to the in-office sofa and the evidence-filled wall perpendicular to the door.

Reds and yellows tangled in a simple web, a list of things were scribbled on the clear board standing next to her, packets taped beside each item.

She read through the pyramid structure speculations, the pins that signified rank and status in the NVA. She read through Dabi's final words, read through the reports of how other NVA members were disposed of; how they were killed the moment they were useless. She read through Xerox's report: his quirk, his motivation, his role in the villain organization. She noticed Nakamura Enterprises' treachery and alliance with the NVA, something the heroes' could never stop without hurting their own resources. She glanced through the note of a possible web of spies among the heroes, that Aoi was just the first name among many; a thought she threw to the back of her mind.