Chapter 3 - Reminiscence

Black.

That was all that filled Hina's vision when she fell into a deep slumber in her new bed.

Last night, after she organized her stuff in the guest room, she went downstairs and witnessed Bakugo plating fried rice with some stir fried veggies on two plates. They ate in silence, and Hina quickly took their dishes, washing them herself. She didn't want to be a burden on him. Bakugo noticed her slight unease whenever he came a few feet in proximity, so he shuffled to his room to leave her with the quiet chirping of the crickets outside. After she finished with the dishes, she went straight to bed.

Groggily getting ready for the day, she selected a plain black set of sweats and wore them after she freshened up. Hina took a liking to the delicate white daisy sewn right above her heart and grazed the dainty white threads under her thumb, admiring the exquisite design in the small emblem.

Ever since she escaped the metal prison she started to appreciate and admire all the little details she would normally overlook.

During her captivity, she would rack her brain trying to recall the patterns in her mother's favorite coat, the distinct features on her father's watch of choice, and feeling of her sister's pen grip in her hand. But all she can remember is the warmth they emitted. The warmth of being close to family.

So now she promised herself, that she would no longer take the little things for granted, so she would never forget the beauty of the humdrum in life.

Quietly, she walked downstairs in the desolate house, eyeing a laptop on the kitchen with a post-it note sticking out on the cover. Picking up the canary yellow square, Hina read the neat yet scratchy handwriting.

I made a guest login, so do as you please.
Password: plusultranumber1
Leftovers from last night are in the fridge.

From the small the note she could tell the hero must be a part of the grammar police. The proper capitalization with the accompaniment of periods at the end of sentence made Hina reminisce her sister's tendency to correct her terrible grammar when texting. Wistful at the thought, she gently folded the note, giving it a home in the pocket of her black sweats.

Investigating the kitchen for some sustenance, she opted for a bowl of fruits and soothing green tea. Hina grabbed a ripe apple and pear from the fruit basket and quickly cut them into bite sized cubes, tossing them in a white bowl she found after opening a few cupboards aimlessly.

In the cupboards she found an assortment of various colored mugs. In the front was a black mug with an army green handle and the words "Lord Explosion Murder" embedded in a bold orange along the inner rim. Beside it was a purple and green marbled one and a maroon one with a large scarlet 'R' on the front. Behind them was a bright yellow one that had graphics of Pikachu doing multiple poses all around the walls of the cup and a white mug with black and yellow stripes wrapping around the handle. In the very back were a few other peculiar ones. One bright red mug caught her eye, and claimed it as hers for the time being.

In the process of searching for green tea bags through the kitchen, she got so absorbed with how Bakugo arranged his space that she nearly forgot what she was looking for.

Everything was so meticulously systematized.

All the seasonings and spices were labeled and put in a particular order, most probably based on his personal favorites and what he uses on a daily basis.

All the utensils, eating and cooking alike, were coordinated based on style, size, and occasion in side-by-side drawers.

In the cupboards right below the stove, all the pots and pans were separated with steel on one side and cast iron on the other. There was a squeaky clean open wok in the mix with a few other miscellaneous dishes piled on top another.