Chapter 7 - Grocery Shopping

Hina's dreams were filled with the familiar black abyss of nothingness. So when she woke up peacefully for the first time all week, a small sleepy smile crept on her face, relishing the momentary ignorance of her traumatizing past.

As her consciousness returned back to the gray room she now resides in, she recalled the events of the day before.

Bakugo's insistence to train, her successful attempt to release a powerful explo- firework...

That's right the- no her quirk was an adaptation of Bakugo's explosions.

Hina sighed trying to dispel her inner conflict out of her head through her breath.

She tried, and failed.

Her thoughts were swirling in a storm of both the hate she harbored and the nagging of the angel on her shoulder trying to persuade her to give Bakugo a chance. And whenever Hina rebutted that he is just like the rest of the barbaric alphas she has met, she was reminded of his latent kindness from yesterday.

He helped tear down her mental barriers and gave her the courage to find enjoyment in using her quirk. And after that, despite the injuries he sustained, he still asked if her arms were okay.

When she brushed it off, trying to end the conversation with him as quickly as possible, all Bakugo did was tell her to hurry up so they could go home. And like a lost puppy, she had followed him all the way home, her eyes downcast in deep thought.

When they finally got home he told her to freshen up and dinner would be ready at seven. And like every other night, he left her meal on the table covered in plastic wrap so she can eat alone in solidarity. Just as she wanted.

Hina burrowed her brows while remembering his distance. It seemed all so natural for the alpha. The way he would stay away. He would only converse about things he was concerned with. Her quirk training, her meals, his schedule. Other than that he would quietly retreat to his bedroom or the training hall downstairs.

It only made Hina more and more confused. Did he hate her just as much as she hated him? Or was he simply giving her the space she requested?

Before she could think more of it, whiffs of strong coffee wafted in her room, waking up her lazy thoughts. Since her eyes were almost forced open from the potent scent, she kicked off the comforter, tailing straight to the bathroom to freshen up for the day.

Downstairs, Bakugo was quickly chopping some apples like he was on MasterChef. He had already finished making scrambled eggs for the duo, but decided to chop the last of the fruits in his fruit bowl. Ever since the blue-eyed omega started living in his house, he noticed that the fruits started to slowly disappear from his usually filled bowl.

As he tossed the bite sized apples in a bowl, placing it beside the rest of her breakfast. He poured his dark, bitter coffee in his "Lord Explosion Murder" mug, grasping onto it from the base. When he took a small sip, he heard the soft padding of someone walking down the stairs.

With his back to the island he grumbled a quiet 'morning'. And in response he heard a soft 'good morning' behind him, accompanied with the squeaking of the barstool's metal legs against marble tiles. After taking another sip, he turned around placing his mug beside his plate, only to swivel back around to grab the crimson mug Hina claimed.

"What do you wanna drink?" He asked.

"Mandarin tea." She requested in a timid whisper.

He hummed in acknowledgement. Mandarin tea huh. He found it quite amusing that she was asking one of his favorite green teas. He quickly heated the water and poured it in the cup with a tea bag.