Chapter 56 - That's Not Me, You're Not Him

So this chapter is very heavy in the angst department. Tissues might be needed to further proceed. This is your final warning. 

heh. 〒▽〒

-----

The sky was yellowing as Katsuki dodged another explosion by rolling on the floor away from his clone.

"If you're so sorry, why don't ya stop?!" Katsuki hollered as he kneed his clone in the ribs and shot an attack on his legs.

Fighting his clone was a struggle; it was a fever dream too.

Their attacks were identical, their counterattacks and their logical tact to change fighting patterns too. He wasn't just a weaker clone like those Twice clones from his first year; he was in every sense the perfect clone of Katsuki's mind and body.

Hell, even his affection for Hina was identical.

"I'm programmed to fight you until my last breath," His clone screamed back with an accompanying explosion, shaking the room from the impact. "The only way to end this fight is to kill me."

Another explosion, this time from the original's palm, hit the clone square in the chest, burning his suit off and exposing the exact same scars Katsuki wore before Dabi had branded him.

Before he could ask the question on his tongue, the imposter as Katsuki called him in his head grabbed him by the shoulder and flipped him over himself and onto the floor.

Katsuki coughed and winced at the impact, his eyes blurring from the pain shooting up his back.

"Ya gotta get to her quickly, so kill me!"

He caught the fist about to punch his face, flipping on his stomach while wrapping two legs around one of the clone's and brought him down with all the strength in his core.

"Don't tell me what to do!" Katsuki gritted his teeth.

This would've been a comical thing, him arguing with a reflection of himself, fighting like siblings on the same plain field. Only if it weren't for the threat of his and Hina's life in the balance.

The clone blasted an explosion to Katsuki's side and he flew to the other side of the room, his back against the wall.

They stared each other down for a split second, crimson against crimson. And then both used explosions to propel themselves forward. When they met in the center, their left forearms held the other back, both using their strength to hold their ground.

"The quickest way to Firework is down," The clone gritted, "Don't try and explode the floor or you'll send the shitty ceiling on her." He exploded at Katsuki's feet forcing him to jump in the air. "It's a hella small room."

Katsuki kicked him midair, the impact making him kneel and sent the clone through the window and down onto the sandy beach.

He hated that his opponent cared for Hina just as he did; he hated that he couldn't just attack the opponent with unlimited anger because his opponent was literally him.

He grunted when got up from his knees; if it were middle school him, he wouldn't have thought twice about killing his clone.

"Ya think I don't know that clone scum!" He shouted while zipping his way to the beach.

Something Katsuki realized was that the clone only had a clone of his equipment from before his kidnapping. Because he was a clone of who he was back then.

So he cocked his gauntlet and aimed at the clone who was preparing his own attack from his palms.

It was an unfair advantage. Katsuki knew that. But the clone had to die.