Chapter 16 - Memories Preserved in Dry Paint

Tap water gushed down the drain, the plates sticky from maple syrup now sparkly clean after a wash from delicate hands.

"I'm heading out." Bakugo announced as he opened the door.

Hina smiled, "Be safe, baka." Her voice called out both genuine and mocking in tone.

A slamming door was all she got in response.

She scoffed half-heartedly. I'm not gonna stop the nicknames, she thought with determination, Not until he relents.

These mornings were something the ravenette was getting used to. The peaceful calm after the incessant childish bickering between the two was always welcome. Yet, that didn't mean she hated being around the alpha. No, she hadn't had any of those qualms anymore.

After she finished wrapping up the kitchen, she flopped on the sofa, ready to watch something new. As she shuffled between the channels, she couldn't help but feel bored at her stagnant schedule the moment the ash blond was out the door. She only watched and researched when in this calm solitude, not sure what else she could do in this drab house.

Shutting the T.V. off, she sighed deeply, her head now leaning against the headrest.

Now what could she do?

Her eyes landed on the bedroom door beside his. The one he claimed was the one his friends would crash and stuff their things in. Her eyes glared at the obsidian wood like it had offended her somehow. It took her a few seconds until her curiosity won the tug of war in her head, compelling her to enter the room. It wasn't like it was forbidden or anything; Bakugo had clearly stated that only his room and the top shelf of the fridge were off limits. And the top shelf was also now open to the omega after the revelation that she too had a high spice tolerance.

So she went up the stairs, stopping in front of the door, her hand hovering over the gunmetal gray handle. Before she could second guess her decision, she shoved the door open, a billow of dust invading her nose. She coughed, waving the stale air in front of her face to keep the dust away. Eyeing the entire room, a spike of determination hit her. She needed something to do, and this room needed to be cleaned. Desperately.

So after opening the window to circulate in the fresh air, she collected the cleaning supplies, and got to work. And after two long hours of sorting and dusting and vacuuming and wiping until the room was sparkling clean, she was left with one last box tucked in the corner.

It was covered by dusty blankets she'd already put in the wash, and she left it for last considering its untouched state.

But before she opened the last portion of the room, she observed her hard work.

The room had a bright orange and black theme with accents of army green throughout the makeshift man cave.

There was a sofa bed against the wall as soon as you entered the room, burnt orange and green pillows laying atop the black cushions, a Dynamight themed throw blanket draped on the arm. Next to the sofa was a small table with a drawer filled with remotes and various consoles.

Adjacent to the side table and beneath the window were two velvety covered bean bags, one pitch black and the other a dark dusty green. Beside the green one was a black bookshelf filled with sport and hero mangas, various combat technique books, and the two bottom shelves were filled with CD's of movies and videogames.

On the wall right in front of the sofa was a flat screen T.V. hanging on the orange to black ombre accent wall. Underneath the T.V. was a small sized black cabinet which was filled with various video game consoles. Next to that was the door to the bathroom, and the corner with the cardboard box.