Chapter 53 - The Cycle Repeats with Every Sun

Three hours after the meeting, just minutes after dawn turned to morning, they sent out a call for the head of the Hiyokuna clan, Meiko Hiyokuna, to come to the agency for a meeting as soon as possible.

So when Katsuki was called to a meeting room in the lower floors, the floors where civilians are allowed to enter, he wasn't expecting a redheaded woman in a pencil skirt and a tight ponytail to greet them.

"Who's this?" Katsuki asked Shimizu, ignoring the woman in their company.

"She's-"

"I'm Ichiyo Baisho," the woman interrupted, "Hiyokuna-sama's lawyer and representative." She bowed respectively while keeping her folder laying flat against her abdomen. "It is nice to meet you."

"We called for your boss, not you." He bit, glaring at her blue eyes. They were too light, too dim and washed off compared to the vibrant shades Hina's eyes had. It twisted his stomach when he thought of her still in the NVA's clutches.

"I am in the full capacity to answer any questions that you have in his stead." She said, voice steady, her shoulders straightened and squared up for the challenge he'd already conveyed through his bittering scent; he found himself forgetting to wear his scent patches the past couple of days.

"I know what a representative means," He seethed, stepping close and towering over her.

When she stepped one step closer to him, her prickly scent of chilis and ginger nearly making his eyes water, he knew she was going to be a handful. Of course she was one of those rare, strong alphas unintimidated by him.

"Then you understand my client will not be meeting you."

He knew he should control his rageful impulses, knew that crossing any line would cause only more problems for them to progress. But her tilted head, her condescending tone, her flitting and teasing eyes pushed him over the edge.

And even though he saw Shimizu trying to reach out and heard him start to verbally stop him, he lunged forward, grabbing her by the collar of his blouse and pushing her against the wall.

"What I understand-" He growled dangerously, "-is that my mate is in the hands of a villain syndicate that has echoes of All-for-One's second rise, and the only successful lead we have is of Kagami Hiroki, your boss' cousin. So either ya call him and tell him to get off his ass for once in his pathetically leisure life or I'll go there to confront him myself."

He could tell she was trying to maintain the façade of her professional poise. But it crumbled the moment he mentioned Kagami, exposing confusion and mild shock.

"Hiroki-san hasn't been in contact with Hiyokuna-sama for seven years." She said cautiously, looking over Katsuki's shoulder and to Shimizu directly. "He has no viable or accurate information on him."

Katsuki was vibrating, about to scream in her face, but a hand on his shoulder made him freeze for a moment. He peered over his shoulder, ready to glare at the person interrupting his rageful fit; he was met with green eyes filled with worry and concern.

The shitty nerd.

And he knew the expression Midoriya wore hid a reprimand he could practically hear from the amount of times he's heard it from his mouth when in similar situations.

So, despite his need to threaten the woman who's poise shattered with his rage, he let go of his hold on her shirt, took two steps back to let her collect herself.

She swallowed audibly, straightening her shirt, her skirt that rid up her thigh slightly, the stray hair near her ear. With hesitance in her confidence, her gaze flitted between the two heroes and the detective in her audience.