Chapter 11 - Hina's Horrors

SURPRISE!
Since I've had tremendous progress with An Infinity Away during the hiatus, I decided to publish a few days early.
Happy reading, and sending lots of kisses and luv from me! <3
-----

Hina's head was filled with fog. At least it felt like that when she woke up to the familiar feeling of fright in her bones. Yet she couldn't remember what caused it. She hasn't forgotten a dream, or a nightmare when she woke up in the longest time.

She didn't know how to describe it except that it was... strange.

The last time she felt this disoriented from memory loss of a figment of her imagination was when she was back home, in the safety of her shared apartment with her sister. The only thing scary she had to worry about back then was the neighbor's chihuahua. That dog was a monster, growling and barking at anyone who dared to even give a glance at the door. It had bitten her once.

That was the day Hina found out she hated chihuahuas.

Now, she would've been happy if she'd seen that wicked little thing. It was better than the wolfish men here.

With her head still heavy in faux safety from her night visions, she groggily sat up, blankly looking at the wall in front of her.

I hate mornings. She thought while scratching her head.

She groaned, getting out of her bed, trudging to the bathroom when her bladder started to ache painfully.

Downstairs Bakugo busily prepared a traditional Japanese breakfast. Yesterday's incident made him a little regretful for accidentally triggering her trauma, so he decided to make breakfast more special today. Just an indirect apology for his peace of mind.

While he stirred the miso soup, tasting it to make sure it tasted just right, Hina tramped down the stairs, her nose scrunched in annoyance.

"Morning." He said, moving his attention to the rice, digging it and plating it in the small bowls.

She groaned, slumping on the barstool. "Morning." She grumbled, rubbing circles on her temples with the heel of her palms.

He perked an eyebrow, her grumpy pout in the morning was a first.

"Headache?" He asked, since to him, that was the only logical explanation.

"I don't know." She deadpanned. "My head feels foggy, but it doesn't hurt. But I also am not able to focus on anything." She jerked her head up, her face contorted into a frustrated frown. "Does that make any sense?" And before Bakugo could answer, she continued. "Nevermind, forget what I said. I'm stupid, of course it makes zero sense." She mumbled to herself, her eyes now squinting at the rice and soup. Now that was new. "Today special?"

Bakugo was watching her in fazed silence. The hell is wrong with her? Mumblin' like Deku.

He clicked his tongue in irritation. "Nothing special, just felt like makin' it." He said, handing her a bowl of rice with two pieces of shallow fried tuna laid on top, black chopsticks resting on the rim of the bowl. After that, he took out two bowls for the miso soup, deep soup spoons accompanying them.

"I'm making you mint tea." He said, not waiting for her retort.

Her eyes widened, then softened to mush. He really was trying so hard to take care of her. And all she was able to think of was Bakugo's hand in her forceful move to this universe. God, she really was pitiful. To think she compared him to those villainous alphas.

Her lips pursed from the disappointment she directed at herself.

Bakugo, however, had no clue that she had such a discontent expression due to self reflection, and definitely not due to her distaste in the breakfast he prepared.