Chapter 2 - An Explosive Discovery

The steady beeping of multiple monitors welcomed Hina as she came to consciousness. The bright lights on the ceiling disoriented the young woman as she tried to remember how she got to the hospital.

As she blinked her eyes to focus, she noticed a bush in her peripheral vision, soon realizing that bush was on a man's head. This world has got really weird hair choices, Hina noted as she swallowed the minimal saliva down her parched throat.

Midoriya gave a welcoming smile as she glanced at his figure. "Hello, How are you doing?" He asked airily. His voice was so soothing, so gentle. So humane. Disparate from the men she encountered in the lab.

The ravenette shifted in her bed trying to get comfortable. "I feel sore and tired but that's all." She replied, eyeing the green-haired man in his hero garb. "I'm sorry are you the doctor?"

"Huh? Oh, no, I'm Deku." Midoriya stated like it was the most obvious thing in the room. He wasn't an egoist, but he refused to believe she didn't know the name of the number one hero in Japan.

"Deku?" Hina asked.

Why would anyone name their child useless? This world really is messed up, she thought as she compared how his outfit had similarities to the other man with ash blond hair. The utility belt, the heavy duty boots, the mask which in Deku's case was fashioned as a hood.

"Yes, hero Deku." Midoriya informed, ignoring her ignorance in his identity. Maybe this woman was a foreigner, maybe she was held captive for so long that she had no idea who he was. He didn't think it was his place to judge her.

"Hero?" She asked again, oblivious to the unease bubbling in the hero in front of her. Why was everything in this universe like something from a comic book?

His eyes widened, trying to comprehend that the woman in front of him had no inkling about the hero society they are a part of. "Uh yes, hero." Midoriya's voice squeaking in uncertainty.

What did the villains do to her where she doesn't even know about heroes?

He decided maybe the doctor should do a full check up on the patient. Maybe they would have an explanation for her unawareness. "How about I call the doctor and then we can talk about what happened to you back there." Midoriya suggested while he got up from his chair.

Hina detested the idea of seeing a doctor right now. The last thing she needed was to have an injection prodded in her skin, reminding her of the torture she endured past few months.

"No, please don't leave." She quickly grasped on Midoriya's forearm. "I don't want to see a doctor right now." Her voice a whisper, her face downcast not meeting his eyes.

"But-"

"Please." Her burnished sapphires begged the unfamiliar man.

Midoriya couldn't say no after the way she pleaded. He took a deep breath and sat back down, her hand still clenching his forearm. "Very well, can I ask you about what happened?" He asked, taking his other hand and laid it flat on hers for reassurance. "If you're not feeling like talking about it we could wait until you're ready."

Hina shook her head as she stared at their limbs. "It's okay. If I don't say anything now, I might never have the courage to talk about it again." She looked up and met his gaze.

It was inviting and comforting, convincing her that everything is going to be okay. He was so caring she couldn't fathom that men like him lived in this sickening world. Men who weren't hungry for vulnerable omegas such as herself.

"I understand. Can you tell me how you were taken?" He asked softly, hoping the lower volume would be more inviting to ease into the conversation.

She nodded.