Chapter 24 - The Death of Me

A kick to his face was what woke Bakugo up a few minutes after sunrise.

A kick to his face.

He kept his eyes shut with his brows knitted in both anger and annoyance, a threatening rumble from his throat ricocheting off the walls.

Before he could sit up and grumble at how he was so impossibly close to exploding her awake, another kick came his way. And even though it was lighter and more of a shove with a foot than an actual kick, Bakugo snapped up. He growled, loud and ireful, glaring at the omega sprawled on the bed.

Somehow, over the course of the night, Hina had found herself on opposite ends of the bed. Where her head should be were her feet. And where her feet should be was her head, her arms curled underneath it as a makeshift pillow.

He wanted to wake her up, reprimand her at the inconvenient way she was sleeping, maybe even taunt her when his anger cools down.

But her incoherent sleepy mutters melted the fire in his chest, a disbelieving chuckle leaving him at just how endearing her disposition was.

Her disheveled locks of obsidian were a bird's nest, and a small line of drool fell from her parted lips that were puffing little steady breaths of satiated comfort.

The whole scene made his garnets soften to deep red currants.

He laid beside her, his head just a few inches from hers, the heat from his skin seeping into the cool sheets. His hand automatically found itself behind her head, his fingers getting tangled and lost in the midnight tresses. He lightly scratched the base of her skull, eliciting a delighted purr buzzing from her as she snuggled closer into his warmth.

When her brows pinched ever so slightly, her eyes blinking slowly open, he put up his façade of annoyance, hoping she wouldn't see the affection oozing from him.

But she was too dazed to even understand her little desires peeking from the surface of her dormant inner omega, let alone his charade that he was so dedicated in keeping up.

So with a bright, glowing smile, she scooted even closer to him, her leg hooking onto his slim hip. And as she got closer and closer, his skin only flushed pinker and pinker.

"Firework," he tried to sound menacing, only to let his voice escape breathless and so hotly broken. "What are ya doin'?"

She only snuggled into his chest, humming in content. Her body had fit against his like a puzzle piece, the comfort of his muted yet prominent scent releasing hers in waves.

Her essence was immensely sweeter, the vanilla almost clouding his judgement. It was times like these where he was grateful for his true alpha status; his self control to omega pheromones was unparalleled to the lower ranked alphas.

But despite his restraint, he lowly growled when her hand started tracing little eight figures on his scent gland. Her touch was so tender, so tantalizing, it felt buttery soft.

His inner alpha was absolutely over the moon at her not-so-subtle advances, the temptations it whispered in his consciousness only more and more intriguing by the second.

Hina was mumbling something against his collar bone, her eyes blissfully shut as she inhaled his musk every now and then.

He knew he should say something, do something. But his caution to not disturb whatever daze she was in was more important to him than making this situation any more awkward than it already was.

Because deep down in the dry expanse of his heart, he knew it was anything but awkward.

It was intimate, delicate, slightly too fast for his liking but still not fast enough. He'd never admit it to a living soul, but feeling her next to him, just her weight, her breath, her warmth, it felt nice.