EIGHTY-ONE

Briella was right. There the boy was sitting at the same exact spot she saw him on the first night. The first night when she made him almost come but didn't.

He was smoking and immediately noticed the girl when she sat down next to him. It was about 12:34 in the morning. No one was here, giving them both the privacy they wanted.

"Can I have a puff?" Briella asked. Talk about deja vu.

Conrad smiled at the girl. He wanted to tease her. Tell her no just so he can see her begging for it with her big puppy eyes. But he decided not to. He handed her the bunt.

"That was easy." Briella said, not taking a hit. She knew it was for the better. 

"If you didn't know by now I would give you anything." Conrad said as he smiled at her. She was wearing the sweatshirt he gave her the night he found her. The night where they broke up. She still kept it.

Briella was shocked when she heard the boy say it. Conrad wasn't really good at expressing his emotions. Both of them weren't. So she decided to put her foot down. If she wanted their relationship to work, she needed to open up to him. Maybe he'll do the same to her? "After my mom died, I was in a dark place." The girl stated as she turned to look at the boy who was already looking at her. "I watched her die right in front of me and the doctors couldn't do anything about it other than watch it happen. After the funeral, Grant and I broke up. Turns out he was cheating on me with the backup setter. A freshman nobody who was a bench warmer. Then you stopped talking to me, my dad. Everything just turned into shit."

"Brie..."

Briella shook her head. "I don't need your pity Con. I know you didn't mean to do what you did."

"But that's the thing Brie. I did mean it."

"What?" Briella asked.

"I did it on purpose... because..." Conrad stopped. He was so scared to say it, but he needed too. If he wanted Briella in his life, he had to open up. "I love you. I'm so fucking in love with you." Conrad confessed, taking the girl's hand. "And that scares the shit out of me. Because as much as I wanted myself to be happy, there were voices in the back of my head saying how much of a failure I was. I found out my mom had cancer and I really wanted to tell you Ella, but you were already dealing with your mom and I just..." The girl could tell he was having trouble expressing what he was trying to say. Briella squeezed his hand, letting him know she was here. "My dad and I stopped talking because I realized how much of a dick he was. After every football game, he would criticize my every play, why did I throw it to Jere when Paul was wide open. He would legit make me sit in the living room and watch the film. I spent hours hearing him criticize everything I did. That's why I couldn't do it anymore. Football didn't make me happy."

Briella sat there as she listened to the boy. This was the first time she's heard him say more than 3 sentences. He was finally opening up to the girl. And that made the girl happy. "You could have told me Con."

Conrad shook her head. "You said you don't want to be a burden. Me too."

Briella chuckled. "We're so meant for each other huh?"

Conrad smiled as he looked at the girl. He was so lucky to have her in his life. "So you and Emmett?"

Briella smiled when she heard the boy mention the name. "Nonexistent. Did you ever sleep with Nicole when we you know started something?"

Conrad shook his head. "No."

"What about you and Belly?"

"Nonexistent." The girl didn't know why she was smiling so big. Now she knows there is no other girl in his life other than her.

Conrad couldn't help but smile. There wasn't anyone else that can go in between their relationship. This is finally the time. This is finally his chance to tell her everything. "Ella? I am so sorry about what happened. I never meant to hurt you like this and..." The boy tucked a stand of her hair behind her ear. "I love you." Briella's breath hunched. She knew it wasn't easy for the boy to say that. Hell even showing any emotion was hard for the boy. So this was a big step for him.

Briella leaned in and placed her lips on his. It was a gentle and slow kiss. Then it turned into a very hot makeout session. The girl had to stop herself because she didn't want their relationship to solely be sexually. Not this time.

"I love you too. And I forgive you." And she meant it causing the boy to smile.

"So will you officially be my girlfriend?" Conrad asked.

Briella smiled. He never officially asked her to be his girlfriend, now he was. "I don't know." Conrad chuckled, pulling the girl into a quick kiss. "A little more." The boy kissed her again. "Yes I'll be your girlfriend."

"You're finally my girl."

As the two laid there in the sand, with Conrad telling his girl all the stars in the sky, it felt real. Real and right. Nothing like it was in the beginning of their relationship.

That night both of them slowly opened up to one another. Telling each other their goals in life, colleges, fears. They got to know each other. For once not physically. But emotionally and it made Briella knew that they truly had each other. And it was so much easier now that they've both opened up. And nothing was gonna change that.