THIRTY-TWO

Belly had to help her mom with something so she asked Briella to change the sheets for her dad and new girlfriend. The girl agreed. What else did she have to do?

In all fairness, the girl hasn't made a bed in a while. She had people do it for her. She used to her house team being around all the time. But now? She was grateful for them. At least she had them in her massive huge house to keep her company. And besides, playing Monopoly with Paul (her driver), Mabel (her house keeper), Rose (her cook), and Greg (her bodyguard) really was the highlight of every Friday. Which they all agreed to be Game night. 

"You got to fold the bottom sheet at a 45 degree angle if you want tight corners." Conrad said to the girl as he watched her struggle. Briella scoffed as she tried doing it. "Yeah not like that."

Briella shook her head and looked at the boy. "Then help me."

Conrad smiled and started walking to the bed. He bent down to fluff out the cover. "You got to pull this down."

"Ok."

"Like this. Come here." Briella watched the boy do the 45 degree angle thing he was telling her. She couldn't help but stare at how perfect he looked right now. The light extenuated all his features. He looked so damn good right now. "See?"

"Thank you." Briella smiled.

"Are you sure you're ok with your dad not coming?"

Briella shrugged. "He stopped being my dad ever since mom passed away. Work was always more important than his daughter."

"Yeah. But you and him shared such a special bond before."

"And that was before."

"Look I'm not trying be a therapist, but maybe you guys need to talk."

Briella rolled her eyes. Everyone that knows her bad relationship with her dad now, always suggests they need to talk. Don't they think the girl tried that already?

Everytime she comes close to having a conversation with him, his phone rings. The girl used to stay up late, waiting for her dad to come home so they could talk, but he never did. Well he would for like 10 minutes so he can shower and change to another suit. Then he's off to another work day.

Drew Swift was a busy businessman. He owned many properties all around the world and his latest investment, SpaceX made him busier than ever.

"You and everyone else. You try getting that man alone for a sit down conversation. I used to sit in the living room, waiting for him to come home, but he never did. Mabel, my caretaker had to carry me in my room every night because I ended up falling asleep. My old dad is long gone."

Conrad thought his relationship with his dad was bad, the girl in front of him had it 10 times worse. At least he had his mom and brother to get him through it, Briella had no one.

"Briella!" They heard Laurel yell as both of them walked down the stairs to see Belly, Steven, and Jeremiah look out the window.

"She's hot." Jeremiah said.

"Ew Jere." Briella said.

"Dude." Steven said.

"What? I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking."

"I wasn't thinking that." Belly exclaimed.

"Yo that could be their future stepmom." Conrad commented.

"Dude what the hell?" Steven said as he pushed Conrad.

"Don't push me." Conrad said as they got into a little fight, trying to push the other one down.

"Children." Briella rolled her eyes as she looked out the window only to see them started to walk back inside. "Shit they're coming, they're coming."

"Go go go go go." Steven said as he shoed the 3 out of the room.