FIFTY-NINE

"What the fuck Belly!" Taylor turned to her friend. All throughout their friendship, nothing like this has ever happened. Yeah with the whole Grant situation, Briella forgave the girl because she knew it wasn't entirely her fault. But this. This was different. 

"What?" Belly asked.

Taylor shook her head. "Are you seriously gonna act like you didn't just steal your best friend's boyfriend?"

"I didn't do..."

"I swear if you say this isn't your fault I'm gonna swing." 

Belly sighed. She knew what just happened was all her fault. She didn't know why it was so hard for her to admit it. Maybe it's because she finally was able to get something Briella wanted all her life, that she felt so good about it. But did she really have Conrad? The boy was ignoring her, then all of a sudden he wanted her? "I know."

"You know what?"

"It's all my fault. It's my fault my best friend hates me. And if I'm her I wouldn't forgive me." Belly admitted.

Taylor sighed. "Why'd you do it Bells?"

"I'm jealous of Brie. She gets everyone without even trying and I thought maybe if I changed to be like her, then I can finally be like her. And as much as I kept telling myself Conrad chose me over her, that was never the case. Conrad would have chosen Brie over me all day, any day."

Taylor chuckled at how ridiculous her friend was. "I did tell you that didn't I?"

Belly nodded. "You did. And I should have listened to you."

"And Grant?"

"We talked the one time when he was waiting for Brie after volleyball practice. And I don't know. You know I don't get many boys to talk to me so when he did, it just felt nice. It felt like maybe I could get someone that likes Brie to like me. I shouldn't have fed him lies. That was my fault and I'm glad Brie forgave me for it. But this? This is even worse."  

"So what are you gonna do about it? Brie doesn't want a lame sorry from you. You know that."

Belly sighed. She knew she was a shitty friend this summer. She broke up her relationship for crying out loud. She was the one who came between Briella and Conrad. At least now she recognizes that Conrad doesn't want her. She is happy her best friend found someone who likes her, even loves her. 

But what was she gonna do about it? She didn't know. And she needed to figure it out quickly or else she'll lose her best friend for good this time.