TWENTY-TWO

"Taylor!" Briella smiled as she run to the girl. "Ew you're wet."

"Only for you babe." Taylor flirted as Briella rolled her eyes. "And who might this be?"

"Tay this is Emmett. Emmett meet Taylor, my other best friend." Briella introduced them.

The hangout with Emmett was fun. They laughed a lot and the girl really liked spending time with the boy. But she couldn't help but feel no sparks between them. There are just some people that would make good friends. Emmett falls in that category. And the girl didn't want to give him false hope that something might happen between the two. 

That's another problem for another day. 

"Pleasure." Emmett smiled.

"Indeed it is." Taylor said as she looked at the boy up and down. She slowly nodded like she approved of the boy. "Nice. Good catch Brie."

"Tay..." Briella warned her friend as she shrugged.

"Wanna play chicken?"

And that's exactly what the 6 of them did. They played multiple rounds of chicken. Changing the partners every now and then. But the girl was having fun. So fun that she didn't notice Conrad walking in with Nicole until she heard her annoying voice.

"Hey guys." Nicole waved.

Briella rolled her eyes as she still was on Emmett's shoulders after pushing both Belly and Taylor down.

"Hey Nicole." Belly said. She was the only one who was friendly to the girl.

"Hi. Happy birthday Belly. Are you guys playing chicken?" Nicole asked in a rather judgmental tone.

"Uh yeah. It was it was Taylor's idea."

"Hey I'm Taylor." Taylor introduced herself.

"Hi."

"She's our best friend from home." Belly explained.

"That's cute." Nicole said.

"Yeah."

"And who's that?"

Briella stared at the girl who smirked in her direction. God when is she allowed to punch her. "Emmett."

"Hey." Emmett waved.

"Hey." Nicole said.

There was some tension between everyone and the girl hated it. Hated it even more with Conrad's dumb staring. Can he stop staring at her all the damn time? It's getting annoying at this point. If he had something to say, then he should just say it, instead of staring at her like a creep.

"You guys want to play a real game?"