SEVENTY-SIX

Briella sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror. She put her curled hair in a half up, half down hairstyle. She had on her mom's pearl necklace and bracelet that her dad gave her.

This is for you mom.

"You ready Bells?" Briella asked as she handed her the bouquet of flowers.

"Yeah?" Belly said. It came out more of a question.

Briella chuckled. "C'mon." The 2 friends walked towards the front where everyone was. Luckily for them, they were right behind one another, Briella going first. "Bells you'll be fine. Just breathe."

Belly did just that. She didn't know why she was so nervous.

Briella looked ahead when Gigi left to go on stage. Emmett was looking rather dashing in a tux. She was just happy he showed up. Granted he doesn't seem like the guy who would bail without letting her know the reason.

"Briella Swift, daughter of Drew and Clarie Swift. A student at Chesterbrook High School where she is the co-captain of the varsity volleyball team, ranking 1st in all categories in the school district, and vice president of her class. Briella raised $10,000 for the Young Survival Coalition, a non-profit organization, that helps thousands of young woman battle breast cancer."

But everything stopped when she saw a certain someone sitting at her table. Fuck. She didn't expect Conrad to be here. He swore on everything good that he wouldn't ever be a debutante ever again.

But he was here, smiling. His eyes followed her every move.

"Very beautiful Brie." Emmett said to the girl.

"Thanks Emmett." Briella said as she continued her way down the stage and to her father, who happened to be sitting next to Conrad. Great. She handed him the bouquet of flowers and hugged the man.

"I'm so proud of you little Brie." Drew said to the girl. "Mom is here with you."

"Thanks dad." The girl said as she released the man and went back to her spot. Not before she felt a touch on her arm. She tried to ignore it as she curtseyed and waited for all the other girl's names to be called.

Shit. The girl tried her best not to look at the boy. But every time she thought about him, she she wanted to cry. She loved him too much and it hurt every time knowing that things won't go back to the way they were. Briella has been having a mental battle whether she should forgive the boy. Hell she already knew she did. But she needed to stay strong.

She knew her and Conrad will never work out. She can never tell what he was thinking. The boy was lucky she had a good human IQ. She was able to pick up on other people's emotions quickly, but she couldn't do that all the time. She needed someone who can communicate with her. Physical touch wasn't all she wanted.

But when she made the mistake of looking at his blue-green eyes, she was gone. Fuck. No Briella. You can do this. Stay strong. When this is all over, Conrad would just be a blast from the past and you'll go back home and leave your life without him. You don't need him.

Right?

The girl couldn't ignore how fast her heart was pounding. She wasn't nervous standing in front of the crowd. No. The fact that she was standing here, only a few feet away from her ex-boyfriend, shit. She couldn't handle it. A part of her wished it was him standing up here with her. She wanted things to go back to the way they were. She wished he didn't ask her friend to the deb ball. She wished that they could go back to the first night they slept together. She wanted Conrad Fisher to be hers. 

"It is my honor to announce this year's Cousins Beach Country Club debutantes." Paige announced as there was a round of cheers and claps.

Eventually the girl walked over to her table which was also where Belly was seated too. There was no point in having a table just for her when it was only her dad coming.

And besides, the Conklins and Fishers were her family too. 

✄-----------------------------

i just watched mamma mia and I LOVED IT!! the soundtrack was everything!!