SIXTY-FIVE

After many dad jokes and milkshakes later, Briella and Emmett were on their way home to the Fishers house. To say it was a good day would be an understatement. The girl had the best day ever. Something she hadn't had in awhile. 

"I had fun today." Emmett said as he put his car in park in front of the Fishers house. The girl smiled, looking down at her lap.

Why was she thinking so much? She felt a kiss coming. Isn't this when a kiss comes? The girl didn't know. She's only been on dates with her pathetic ex-boyfriend. She hasn't been on one ever since. Hell even Conrad and her never went on dates. The only thing she knew about it were the movies she watched. But the boy started to lean in and the girl panicked.

Shit.

Did she want to kiss him?

Was she even ready to pursue something when she was still hung up on Conrad?

His lips touched hers. But the girl didn't kiss back. She was too shocked. And everything was happening too fast. She needed everything to slow down. She didn't want this. She didn't want Emmett. She wanted Conrad. 

Briella lightly pushed the boy back. She couldn't do this to him. She couldn't lead him on. This was wrong.

When the boy realized what he did, his eyes widened. "Shit. I'm so sorry Brie."

Briella shook her head. "It's ok Emmett."

"No it's not ok. I shouldn't have done that. That was wrong of me to do and now it's all my fault things are gonna be awkward. Shit."

The girl chuckled as she listened to the boy ramble. "Emmett, it's ok. I just... I don't think I'm ready to pursue someone if I'm not entirely over with my ex."

Emmett nodded. "I completely understand. Can we please just forget I did that?"

Briella nodded and smiled at the boy. "Thank you Emmett for the fun day. I'll see you on Saturday?"

Emmett smiled. "See you on Saturday Brie. Good night."

"Good night Emmett. Drive safe."

And with that the girl left watching the boy reverse out of the driveway and drove away. She knew she did the right thing. Besides Emmett will always be just a friend to her. Her mood turned sour when she saw the one person she hated the most in the living room, no doubt witnessing what just happened. 

FML.

✄-----------------------------

uuuh ooooh