THIRTY

Briella groaned when she woke up to the light shining through the blinds. The girl ignored it and turned to her other side and stungled closer to a very comfy pillow.

Or at least she thought it was a pillow. Because the pillow started to move. She quickly opened her eyes and saw a smirking boy. "Morning."

"Morning."

So last night wasn't a dream. She actually grew a pair and went to Conrad's room and they did it. Huh. reality or not, dream or not, it was something the girl wanted to experience again.

"Sleep well?"

Briella nodded. "Yeah. You?"

"Yup. Best one yet."

"What time is it?"

Conrad turned a bit to see the alarm clock on his bedside table. "8:13."

Briella groaned. "Too early."

"Brie, it's hardly early."

"On a holiday, yes it is."

Conrad chuckled as he pulled the girl closer. "Is your dad coming today?"

Briella rolled her eyes at the mention of her dad. "Wouldn't count on it."

"What happened between you two? You guys don't seem close anymore."

"When mom passed away, he distracted himself with his work, or drinking. I don't think I've had a decent conversation with him since forever." Briella ranted, drawing circles on the boy's bare chest. 

Conrad stared at the girl as he listened. He always admired how strong she was. He knew her life changed when her mom passed away and the guilt inside him when he wasn't there for her grew. She had no one. But yet she still had a smile on her face.

"You're so strong Ella." Conrad caressed her cheek.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." Conrad leaned in as he tried to kiss her. He was confused when she leaned back.

"Morning breath."

"Don't care." He really didn't. She could have the worst morning breath ever but he didn't care. He loved her too much to care.

Wait what?

Conrad didn't love anyone other than his family. Briella is just a friend. Always have and always will be. What they shared last night was just a release he wanted to give the girl. And it'll never happen again.

Even if he didn't want to admit it, it was the best sex he's ever had.

When the boy pulled away and stood up, leaving the room without saying a word, the girl was confused. He was the one who wanted to kiss her and now he just got up and left?

Conrad Fisher, why the hell are you so confusing?