SIXTY-SIX

"Brie!" The girl ignored the boy as she made her way into the kitchen. She needed a glass of water. Or alcohol. "Ella!"

Briella narrowed her eyes and turned around to face the boy. "You do not get to call me that anymore."

Conrad sighed. He knew what he did was an all time low, but he thought the girl would have forgiven him by now. Why was she still angry? "You and Emmett huh? Didn't take you long to move on."

Briella rolled her eyes at the jealous boy and turned back to the direction of the kitchen. She opened the fridge and grabbed a water bottle. She twisted the cap open and chugged half of it down. The boy watched her every move. "I can say the same to you. You and Belly huh? Didn't take you long to move on."

"I'm not with Belly."

"Yeah fucking right." The girl chuckled.

"I'm not." Conrad said.

Briella shook her head. "Did you or did you not text her you wanted to ask her to the deb ball after you told me you would go with me?"

Conrad sighed. He knew he shouldn't have drank too fast. He wasn't sober when he texted Belly. But that was only an excuse. He remembered everything when he was drunk and like people said, drunk words are sober words. "I did."

Briella scoffed. "At least you own up to it."

"Look Brie..."

"No. You don't get to act jealous about me and Emmett because that's exactly how I felt with you and Belly. But the difference here is that we're not dating anymore. I am free to do whatever I want, whoever I want. You and Emmett aren't friends. I didn't kiss your best friend, but you did. I didn't cheat on you. You fucking did!"

Conrad didn't say anything. He didn't mean for any of this to happen. He was dealing with so much shit in his life that when he finally got someone who made him happy, he didn't know how to handle it. He didn't think he deserved to be happy.

"I'm sorry."

Briella sighed. She hated how that was the only thing he could say. She wanted him to do something about it. She wanted him to show her how much he wants her. 

"That's it?"

"What do you want me to say?"

"Something. Anything." Briella yelled. 

"I--." Conrad shook his head. "I'm sorry."

Briella scoffed. Is that all the boy could say? "This whole summer, you've been so closed off. I can never tell what you want, who you want, what you're feeling because you never fucking tell me. You're not the same Conrad I fell in love with." Briella whispered the last part hoping the boy didn't hear her, he did. Loud and clear.

"What did you say?" Conrad asked, wanting to hear it again.

Briella shook her head. She was trying so hard to push the love she had for the boy away. Because he didn't love her. His actions proved it. "Just leave me the fuck alone Conrad."

With that the girl disappeared leaving the boy in his own thoughts. He wanted to go after her. Tell her everything, but he didn't. He was a coward. 

Love was something the boy didn't know of. He blames his dad for that. He thought football was the reason why they bonded together. But once he saw how angry his dad got when he didn't score a touchdown, he realized his dad didn't love him. He loved the idea of him. Star quarterback, top colleges looking to recruit him.

Conrad was becoming something his dad couldn't. He never loved the boy. And the one person who did love him, his mom, was leaving him soon. So what's to say that Briella would stay in his life forever. Because at the end of the day, the people who he thought he loved and loved him, leaves. 

✄-----------------------------

double posting??? who am I???