SIXTY-EIGHT

Belly and Taylor hasn't heard from Briella since yesterday's practice. She skipped school today. And they didn't know why. 

"Hey Mabel." Belly said.

Mabel smiled. "Hello Ms Belly and Ms Taylor."

"Is Brie home?" Taylor asked.

They noticed the shift in mood from the lady. "Ms Briella is currently sleeping. She um... she smoked too much."

"What?"

Belly and Taylor knew of their friend's newest addiction to weed. But they didn't know it was this bad. "When did it get so bad?"

Mabel sighed, guiding the 2 girls into the kitchen where she poured them some lemonade. "Ever since Mrs Swift passed away, Mr Swift hasn't been around. Ms Briella would stay up late waiting for him to come home. He never did. So instead of waiting for him, she started smoking. It turned to once a day to as much as 5 times a day. We thought she was getting better. But today, because it has been a month since Mrs Swift's passing, she couldn't face it."

Belly and Taylor felt like terrible friends. They were so caught up in their own lives that they didn't even notice how much their friend was suffering. They hated how she couldn't tell them anything. They hated how she had to turn to weed.

"What can we do to help?" Taylor asked.

"I'm making her chocolate chip cookies right now. She loves those. And we're having game night. You guys are more than welcome to stay."

"Can we see her?" Mabel nodded as the 2 walked up stairs and into the direction of their friend's room. They quietly opened the door expecting to see the girl sleeping, only to see her sitting down on the floor, crying.

"Brie?" Taylor said, both girls sitting on either side of her.

"Why would he do this to me?" Briella cried. 

"I'm sure he didn't mean too." Belly said. 

"He said he was so excited to see me this summer but because what? I couldn't come to Cousins he had to ghost me? He's supposed to be my best friend." Taylor and Belly looked at each other. They didn't realize the girl was talking about Conrad. "Doesn't he love me?"

"I'm sure Conrad does, Brie." Taylor smiled.

Briella shook her head. "He would have been there for me. He left me." The girl cried. "Why did he leave me? Doesn't he love me? Doesn't my mom love me?"

All Taylor and Belly could do was pull the girl into a hug. They said some reassuring words as they tried to calm the girl down. She eventaully ended her rant about the Fisher boy. 

That night, Taylor and Belly made it their mission to do better for their friend. They wanted to be there for her. Briella needed them right now. They needed to distract her from the weed. And it was a good thing they did, or else she would have been kicked off the volleyball team from the weekly drug tests. 

✄-----------------------------

sorry for the late update!! my wifi was being a little bitch