EIGHTEEN

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Much to Briella's surprise, Cameron's cousin, Emmett, was funny as hell. He cracked so many jokes, Briella was surprised she didn't pee her pants yet from all the laughter. She definitely needed this.

"You started playing volleyball since you were four?" Emmett asked. Even if the four were in the same car, they were off in their own conversations.

Briella nodded. "Yeah. My mom was the head coach at the University of Nebraska for the women's team."

"Wow, that's cool. Did she retire or is she head coach somewhere else?" Emmett asked.

Briella looked down at her popcorn. Did she trust to tell this stranger about her mom? If she wanted something with this guy, then he has the right to know. "She actually passed away, last summer."

"Oh... I am so sorry. I didn't know."

"Don't be."

"Do you miss her?" Emmett asked.

"Every fucking day."

"It'll get better. I promise."

"Does it?" Emmett nodded. "I just feel like ever since her funeral, I've been this completely different person who tries so hard to keep it together because I don't want to burden anyone with my problems, so I keep so much inside. And I don't know how much I can hold it in before I explode."

"It's ok to tell people about your problems. If they truly cared for you, they would listen." Emmett smiled. "I'll listen to you."

"Thanks Emmett." Briella smiled back as the boy was slowly leaning into the girl and so was she. Their lips were just about to touch until they heard a honk. The girl quickly jumped and looked towards her right.

Anger. That's what she felt. There they were, dumb, dumber, and dumbest making kissy faces. As Belly and Briella got out of the car, Emmett and Cameron went to go get them some drinks.

Belly opened the driver side door. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Uh just catching the end of our favorite movie." Steven chuckled,

"You have no right! You have to go!"

"Oh Belly relax. We were just joking around." Jeremiah said.

"Crashing our date really? Didn't realize you guys were that pathetic and had no life." Briella said, staring mostly at Conrad because he's been staring at her all this time.

And just like that it felt like time has stopped between them. As her hazel eyes stared into his blue-green eyes, nothing mattered anymore. The girl can see so many different emotions just from his eyes. And it made her wonder if he'll ever let anyone know about those emotions. He has been so close off ever since the start of this summer and it didn't help that they haven't properly talked ever since she arrived.

Conrad knew he was fucked when he stared into her hazel eyes. Everything he wanted to tell her last summer came running back to him and if he didn't get out of here, he would lose it. Like actually losing it. When it came to Briella, he would find himself go back to the old Conrad. He hated that Conrad. He was weak. There was a reason why he did a complete 180. And he knew Briella deserved better than him. He wasn't good enough for her.

"Please go." Briella said to the boy as the argument between Belly, Jeremiah, and Steven died down.

Conrad continued to stare at the girl. He tried his hardest to not give in to the girl. But when you're so in love with someone, you would do anything for them in a heartbeat.

"All right, let's go guys." Conrad finally said.

"What?" Jeremiah asked surprised.

"Are you kidding me? You were the one who wanted to come Conrad." Steven complained as he put the car in drive and drove off.

Conrad frustrated the hell out of the girl. Everything he did pissed her off. But she couldn't help the feeling forming in the pit of her stomach whenever he stared at her. 

✄-----------------------------

INTRODUCING

Taylor Zakhar Perez as Emmett

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
✔️| 𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒆𝒓 ─ 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒓𝒂𝒅 𝒇𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें