03

I walked downstairs to see Jack and my brother smoking weed, there was Derek, Sammy, Nate and the girls.

"Hey Avery" Madison said as she took a sip from her corona.

"Hey" I said and walked into the kitchen.

I poured myself a cup of coffee and leaned over, scrolling on my phone. I heard footsteps and I turned to see Jack standing at the doorway.

I rolled my eyes and went back to scrolling on my phone. He grabbed my phone from my hand, "come hang with us" he said.

"Give me my phone." I held out my hand and glared at him. It took him a few minutes before he put the phone back in my hand.

I resumed scrolling on my phone while drinking my coffee. "I'm sorry princess" he whispered. I just stood there and ignored him.

"I know I make you nervous, I know that I can make you cu-

"Shut the fuck up." I said and finished my cup of coffee.

I soaked the cup and walked out of the kitchen, leaving Jack behind.

I sat down next to Derek, "hey Avery" he said and winked at me.

"Hi Derek" I licked my lips while keeping eye contact with him.

Nate rolled me a blunt and lit it, he handed it to me and I took a hit.

"I didn't know you smoke" my brother said.

"Here we go" I said.

"I didn't say anything wrong." He rolled his eyes.

"So Avery, go out with me sometime" Derek asked as he took the blunt from me and took a hit.

"So a date" I asked.

"Yeah" he said.

"Okay, when?" I asked him and grabbed a bottle of corona from the cooler.

"Whenever you want. We can make plans" Derek said as he popped my corona open.

I took a sip and set the bottle down. I looked at the corner of my eye to see Jack getting jealous, this man was fuming with anger.

"Avery, can I talk to you upstairs about something." Jack stood up.

"Okay." I said. I stood up and followed Jack upstairs to the guest bedroom. The guest bedroom is the farthest so no one can hear.

We both walked in and he shut the door, locking it.

"Did you not hear me when I said, Derek will use you" he said.

"I honestly don't care." I said and sat down.

"Well I do" he said and quickly shut up.

"What did you say?" I smirked at Jack.

"Nothing" he said and paced around the room.

"Jack, what?" I stood up.

"It's nothing." He avoided the elephant in the room.