10

I stood in the kitchen pouring myself a cup of coffee when the doorbell rang. I groaned and went to go open it up to see Sammy, Nate, Derek, Gilinsky and the girls behind them.

"May we come in?" Sammy asked.

"What are y'all doing here?" I asked.

"They're here for me, you can join us if you like." My brother said from behind me.

"I'm hanging out with Tate today." I said.

"Well invite Tate." My brother rolled his eyes playfully.

The group barged into the house. Jack was the last person to walk in and I shut the door.

"Hey Avery, can we talk." Gilinsky said.

I agreed after hesitating, we walked upstairs to my room.

"What." I said as I crossed my arms.

"I just want to start off by saying I'm sorry, for everything. I never meant to hurt you, use you. I just hope that you know that I never wanted to hurt you, and I hope that I can get my best friend back." He said.

"And why should I forgive you." I furrowed my brows at him.

"Because I love you and I know you love me." He said as he got closer to me.

"I love Tate." I said and backed away from him.

"Oh really now." He said. I watched as he pulled out his phone and pulled up a photo. In the photo, there was Tate kissing Cameron.

"He cheated on you. How can you love him." Jack said and put his phone away.

"This is clearly a set up. He would never cheat on me." I scoffed.

"No one is setting you up." He said and sat down on my bed.

"You're lying." I said.

"If you don't believe me, call him and ask him where's he at." Jack said.

I gave him a double take before pulling out my phone, I pressed on Tate's contact and hit the phone icon.

It rang three times and he finally picked up, "hey baby." I said.

Jack rolled his eyes and laid down on my bed.

"Hey Avery." He said. There was some shuffling on his end and it got quiet.

"What you doing right now." I asked.

"Nothing, I'm just at home." He said.

"Well can we FaceTime, I miss you." I said. I hope he isn't cheating on me.

"Kinda busy right now but we can FaceTime later if you want." He lied.

"But you just said that you're doing nothing-

"Avery, I'll call you later." He said. But before he hung up, I heard a girls voice in the background.

"Did I lie." Jack sat up.

"I hope your telling the truth." I pointed my finger at him.

"So feisty." He smirked at me.

I sat down next to him and laid my head on his shoulder, "I miss this." I said.

"And I miss you." Jack mumbled.

Since Tate cheated. Here's my chance. I looked up at Jack and I leaned in.

I rested my lips onto his and surprisingly, he didn't pull away. His arms wrapped around my waist as he kissed me back.

"I missed you Avery." He said between each kiss.