22

My phone rang....

When I got the news, the world around me came crashing down ..

The front door burst open and I heard multiple footsteps run up the stairs.

"Avery." My brother ran to me.

"Take me to the hospital please, it's ja-ack." I cried into my brothers arms.

Derek came up to me and picked me up bridal style. He followed my brother downstairs to the car, he put me in the passenger seat and they all got into the backseat.

My brother got into the car and backed out of the driveway, he drove off and made our way to the hospital.

We finally made it to the hospital after 20 minutes.

I'm just going to make a run for it, even though I'm injured; i honestly don't care.

I opened the car door and ran into the hospital. My foot is hurting like hell but I don't care, I need to see Jack.

I ran to the front desk and asked for Jack Gilinsky.

"Jack gilinsky." I said.

"And you are?" The nurse asked me.

"I'm his girlfriend." I said quickly as I winced in pain.

"They just took him into surgery, we will know more when he gets out, if you want; you can wait in the waiting room." She said.

"Actually, do you know someone who can help me, I fell into a glass table last night and my foot has been bothering me all day." I said and winced as blood soaked through my sock.

I'm not wearing any shoes and I'm leaving a puddle of blood on the hospital floor.

"Of course." She went around and helped me into a wheelchair.

I got pushed into a room and a few minutes later, a doctor walked in.

"I was told that you fell onto a glass table and I'm assuming there is some glass still stuck in your foot." A doctor walked in and said.

"My boyfriend cleaned up my foot yesterday but it's been hurting all night and all day today. I'm not sure if there is still glass, we made sure all shards were taken out. But then my foot started bleeding before I got wheel-chaired in here." I rambled.

"Okay, leveled your foot and set it on this cushion while I take a look." He sat and sat down in front of me.

I rested my leg on the cushion and he slid off my bloody sock.

"I see some small shards of glass still in the cut. I will clean it out and wrap it, we'll get you out of here in no time." He said and got some tweezers.

He picked out the small shards while I wince at every pick.

About 10 minutes later, he finally finished and applied some healing cream before wrapping my foot in a small cast.

"Try to not walk on this foot for a few days, maybe a few weeks for it to fully heal. We will give you some crutches to help you walk around and also we will prescribe you some medication to help with the pain." He said.

"Thank you doc." I said.

"Talk to our head nurse at the front and she'll give you your medications." He said.

The doctor helped me down as the nurse in the room handed me my crutches.

"Any news on my boyfriend?" I asked the nurse who wheeled me in here.

"He's still in surgery, you can meet your friends in the waiting room." She smiled and walked me to the waiting room.

"Oh, and my medications." I said to the nurse.