23

The next morning, Jack drove me to the hospital so that I can spend the day with Gilinsky; hoping he'll wake up.

I sat by Jack's bedside and held his hand. The machine started beeping as Jacks eyes shot open.

"HELP, SOMEONE HELP." I screamed. The nurses came rushing in, they told me to step aside while they check him.

A nurse helped me out of the room and I sat down in one of the chairs outside Jack's room.

"He's asking for you." A nurse came out and said.

I walked in with the crutches and sat down in the chair beside him.

"Hey." he said.

"Hey baby." I said and held his hand.

He removed his hand from mine and I furrowed my brows.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked and looked at him.

"We can't be together if you don't see a future with the both of us involved." He said and looked past me.

"Jack, we can do this later. You've just woken up." I tried to hold his hand but he moved it further away from me.

"I'm sorry Avery. I don't want to be with someone who doesn't see a future with me." He sighed.

"Jack, don't do this. Please." My voice cracked as tears brim in my eyes.

"The reason why I didn't want to marry you it's because you hurt me, physically, I'm sc-

"Then you deserve to be with someone else. I'm sorry. Please leave now." He said and looked at the nurses desk.

"Jack plea-

"Go Avery. we are over so you don't have to worry about us anymore." He cut me off.

Tears ran down my face as I used the crutches to get out of his room.

I made my way out of the hospital and called my brother to come pick me up.

A few minutes later, my brothers car pulled up.

I opened the passenger door and got in, sending my crutches in the back.

I slammed the door shut and burst into tears.

"What happened." my brother freaked out.

"He uhm... he broke up with me." My voice cracked.

"I'm so sorry Avery." He wrapped his arms around me and I cried into his arms.

"It's my fault." I said and wiped my tears.

"Would you stop blaming yourself." He looked at me.

"But it is, I told him I didn't want to marry him and now he broke up with me. It's my fault Jack.... we broke up because of me." I stared at my brother.

"You have a reason, you're afraid to marry him because he hurt you. I'm sure he understands. ... did you tell him?" He asked.

"I tried to but he cut me off and told me to leave." I burst into tears again.

"It's okay Avery." He kissed my head and pulled out of the hospital parking lot.

—Jack G's POV—

I woke up to see Cameron in my room with a bouquet of flowers in her hand.

"Hey you." She smiled and walked close to my bedside.

"Hey Cameron." I smiled at her.

"How are you feeling?" She asked me as she set the flowers down on the table.