08

—Avery POV—

The next morning...

I woke up with a huge hangover, I felt the bed empty next to me; Jack probably left before I woke up.

I ran to the bathroom and puked into the toilet, how much did I drink last night?

I stood up and flushed the toilet before brushing my teeth, I got ready for school.

I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs to see the house empty, what time is it?

I checked my phone to see it's 6:50am. I hurried to my car and drove off to school. I have class at 7:30, I only have one class today and I'm off for the rest of the day.

I arrived to the university and parked in the student parking lot. I got out and locked my car three times before walking up the stairs.

I headed into the university and I saw the one person that I see my life with, I walked up to Jack but was too late.

Cameron got to Jack first and he kissed her. My heart shattered into pieces, I quickly ran into the girls bathroom nearby and went into the handicapped stall.

I locked it and slid down the wall, crying into my hands.

I can't believe him, he had sex with me and goes and kisses my enemy.

"Hello, are you okay?" Someone said through the stall.

"I'm fine." I said and my voice cracked.

"Open the door." They said.

I unlocked it and it opened.

"Are you okay." She asked.

"I'm fine." I said and wiped my tears.

"You're not fine, it's okay; you can talk to me." She said and sat down next to me.

"I witness the guy I like kiss another girl.. and he told me loved me but then he backstabs me." I told her.

"I'm sorry to hear that." She said and looked at me with sorry eyes.

"It's okay." I said and wiped my eyes with my sleeve.

"For what it's worth, you deserve better. He's a dick for treating you like that." She said and smiled at me.

"Thanks." I said.

"I'm Juliana." She held out her hand.

"Avery." I shook it.

"It's nice to meet you Avery, I think we both are going to be great friends." She smiled at me. She stood up and held out her hand, I looked up at her and grabbed it.

She yanked me to my feet and wiped my tears, "you're going to be fine. There are a lot of other guys on campus." She smiled at me.

"Juliana, why are you talking to this slut." Cameron interrupted us.

"The only slut here is you Cameron." Juliana said. She grabbed my hand and we walked out of the bathroom.

"Hey Avery." Jack said.

"Fuck you gilinsky." I spit with hatred and walked off with Juliana.

"Was that him?" She asked.

I nodded my head and we went to go sit under the flagpole.

"We should hang out after school, how many classes do you have to go to today." She asked me.

"Just one." I said.

"What time does it end?" She asked.

"It ends at twelve-thirty. I can wait for you and we can go somewhere." I told her.