Chapter 14: Camera Lens

Most celebrities cared a lot about their styling issues. Their clothes were all meticulously selected to hide their flaws and highlight their natural temperament.

In front of the camera, they would only trust tried and true styles that they knew would look good on them. They wouldn't casually take the risk to try something new.

Plus, this was a popular variety show, so there would be countless pairs of eyes on them. Even something as small as a missing button could be spotted and dragged out by the audience. Being forced to wear some random brand's clothing line was practically a nightmare.

No matter how popular the brand was, it would be a disaster if it didn't suit him.

But Gu Qingchi didn't care about what he wore.

In Gu Qingchi's opinion, the suitcase of clothes that Ye Li gave him was no different from the one that the program crew gave him. He didn't consider it as that much of a penalty.

Gu Qingchi didn't even focus on the clothes themselves, but rather the size of the suitcase. This suitcase was one size bigger than his own, so it was going to be harder to lug around.

The staff breathed a sigh of relief. This kind of request was actually quite unreasonable. The sponsors were naturally happy about it, but the artists were difficult to persuade, especially female celebrities and male idols. Celebrities who relied on their abilities and not their image1 were usually easier to deal with.

But they still needed to pick someone.

Before the guests for this episode had been decided, they had already prepared both male and female sets of one-size clothing. They just needed to pick a pushover to carry out the task.

In any case, Zhou Yingying and Chen Yueran would never accept the task, Huang Hanyu even more so. He made his debut through a talent show. His team placed a great deal of importance on maintaining his image and had already warned the program not to give the task to him.

As for Xie Luyu, he was the only one of the guests who didn't depend on their looks and image but their real ability. He was invited by the program crew at a very high price. His standing in the industry was too high, so the program crew couldn't make such a request of him.

The sponsors couldn't be refused, but the program team wasn't able to find a suitable candidate until they landed on Gu Qingchi. He was a newcomer with no background. Even if he hadn't arrived late, this task would've still been assigned to him sooner or later.

The staff subconsciously glanced at Gu Qingchi.

Gu Qingchi leaned against the back of the sofa as he was sitting, his whole person exuding indolence. For his height, the sofa was a little small, so his legs looked a little awkward.

A set employee pushed the new suitcase over, so Gu Qingchi reached out and pushed his old suitcase over to the employee as well, putting the new one next to him.

He looked as though didn't care at all. He didn't seem to notice that, within the room, everyone's eyes had discreetly drifted towards him.

Even the staff member in charge of organizing tasks had noticed that the cameraman's lens swept across Gu Qingchi several times, far more than what would be usual.

Did he have any idea how eye-catching he was? Did he accept such a task so easily because he knew he would be the most eye-catching individual in the room no matter what?

When the staff looked over, Gu Qingchi was sitting there quietly, shutting his eyes. He was so far away yet they could still see his thick eyelashes as they closed and then opened again. It was as though his eyelashes were sweeping against their hearts, causing their hearts to shake.