Chapter 7: Photoshoot

This studio had mirrors as well as some miscellaneous clutter. It seemed to be a room used to hold clutter.

There was a prop sofa in the middle of the room. Gu Qingchi stretched his legs and leaned back on the sofa, one hand loosely circled around the vodka bottle.

He had never been a model before. He was a little unsure of how to go about it, so, no matter what advice others gave him, he would take it all to heart and implement them straight away.

Hong jie was right. Emotions were really important to how people presented themselves.

But it's not that easy to just cry when told to cry and laugh when told to laugh. Generally, models would use body language and conscious facial management in order to enter the right state.

Compared to actors, the emotional requirements of models were rather low.

And even if they were actors, they wouldn't let themselves be too immersed in certain emotions.

It was not a good thing to be too immersed in a role or emotion. The most typical example was actors who developed mental illnesses, such as depression, because of being too immersed in a role. This kind of thing happened most often to method actors.

But Gu Qingchi didn't know any of this, and Hong jie didn't really understand it either.

If asked to maintain negative emotions and present a dejected and decadent appearance, he would try his best to immerse himself in that state of mind.

Even if it meant using other methods, like alcohol. For Gu Qingchi, alcohol usually helped catalyze this kind of state.

Gu Qingchi had a pretty good alcohol tolerance. It was mainly because he needed a way to pass the time when he was alone, and alcohol seemed like a good choice.

He especially liked the burning sensation of spirits passing through his throat before finally settling in his stomach.

It was originally a way of passing time, and, gradually, he developed a liking to it. Now, he liked to have a drink every now and then,

But, when he started to drink, it meant that he was letting himself sink into those negative feelings.

More than half of the vodka was gone.

Not a good sign.

He was falling into the abyss. Gu Qingchi realized it but didn't make any moves to save himself.

He hadn't eaten anything before drinking, and the alcohol he was drinking was vodka. His stomach was already starting to ache.

Gu Qingchi didn't care. In fact, the pain in his stomach gave him an inexplicable sense of pleasure.

The blue team had a total of four people. The captain was an idol, and the team members were basically all younger industry newcomers. Under the leadership of the captain, the team's overall style was more daring and unique.

They were very prone to coming up with mind-boggling and unique ideas, often skirting past the right answer. When looking for clues, it all depended on luck.

In one episode, they weren't even able to find a single clue. The most dramatic part of it was that they actually ended up finding the treasure entirely by chance.

As per usual, they once again veered off the right path.

And yet, the captain was still confident.

"Listen to me, my instinct tells me that this place is definitely important. See, there isn't even a single light over here."