Lunatic (Part 2)

Stiles' Jeep roars into the driveway of the McCall home as Melissa steps out the door on her way to work.

"Hey, Stiles," Melissa says, seeing Stiles clamber out of his jeep, carrying a large black bag effortlessly,"Scott's not home yet. You want me to unlock the door?"

"I had a key made," Stiles tells her, holding up the small silver key.

"That doesn't surprise me," Melissa admits,"Worries me. Doesn't surprise me."

Stiles drops the bag on the ground and there's a loud metallic clang as the chains inside clinked together.

"Uh," Stiles says, quickly thinking of an explanation,"School project."

"Stiles," Melissa says, making him look back at her,"He's okay, right?"

"Who?" Stiles says, trying to fake confusion,"Scott? Yeah. Totally."

"He doesn't talk to me that much anymore. Not like we used to," Melissa says, looking down sadly.

"He's had a rough week," Stiles reminds her.

"Yeah. I get it. Okay, be careful tonight. Full moon, you know," She says, starting to walk toward her car.

Stiles whirls around toward her,"What?"

"There's a full moon tonight. You should see how the ER gets. All the nutjobs come out," Melissa says.

Stiles lets out a breath of relief,"Oh. Right."

"You know, it's how they came up with the word lunatic," She tells him, before climbing into her car and driving away.

Stiles sets his jaw, grabbing the bag he unlocks the front door and heads towards Scott's room.

He jumps when he sees Scott sitting on a chair by his bed,"Dude, you scared the hell out of me."

Scott doesn't answer. Just stares at Stiles and the bag.

"Your mom said you weren't home yet," Stiles tells him.

"I came through the window," He says, his voice strangely calm, he almost seems like he's in a trance.

"Okay. Well, let's get this set up. Check out what I bought..." Stiles says, tossing the bag effortlessly at Scott's feet, making the metal inside rattle.

Scott doesn't even move or blink,"I'm fine, Stiles. I'm just going to lock the door. Go to sleep early."

Stiles huffs,"You sure about that? Because you've got this serial killer look going on. And I'm hoping it's just the full moon taking effect because it's starting to freak me out."

"I'm fine," Scott says in the same calm, but dark voice,"You should go now."

"All right, I'll leave," Stiles says, turning away like he was about to go, but at the last second he turns back,"If you take a look in the bag and let me show you what I bought and maybe you use it and maybe you don't. Sound good?"

Scott stares at him for a moment, before standing up and crouching down next to the bag. He unzips it and pulls out the length of a chain.

"You think I'm going to let you put these on? Chain me up? Like a dog?" Scott asks, giving Stiles an icy glare.

"Actually... no," Stiles replies.

Before Scott could react Stiles punches him across the face, dazing him long enough for Stiles to yank a pair handcuffs from his jacket pocket.

With a click Stiles locks one end of the handcuffs around Scott's wrist and then hauls him down to the floor to latch the other end to the radiator under the window.