Magic Bullet (Part 1)

Kate Argent changed the station on the radio, her fingers grazing the photo of her daughter Hope when she was about eight years old back when she still had freckles and red hair. She still remembered finding her in that cemetery, just lying next to a tombstone.

Flashback

Kate Argent walked into Lafayette cemetery loading her pistol grip shotgun, having heard a rumor that there was a group of vampires there for her to kill.

She stalked down through the several crypts and tombstones. Looking for any sign of movement, her human ears strained for the slightest sounds.

A sudden sound made her whip around, and she pointed the gun towards the source. But all she saw was a bundle of squirming blankets. The sound was similar to a baby fussing, a sound that she had become familiar with after visiting her two year old niece from time to time.

Kate looked around suspiciously,"Who's doing this?" She shouted into the air, looking around for someone else that could be the cause.

Hesitantly she walked towards the blanket, pushing part of it down with the end of the shotgun, her finger on the trigger, ready for anything.

But she was caught off guard when she saw the face of a beautiful baby girl.

The baby looked at her in utter confusion, and she put her chubby hand on the end of the gun and started patting it with interest.

Kate pulled the gun away, setting it on the ground and she hesitantly picked the baby up with two hands and held it away from her. Looking for any sign of some sort of humanless disfiguration.

The baby started to kick and fuss, her mouth opened and she let out a shrill cry. And Kate started freaking out, not sure what she should do.

Then she remembered a time when her sister-in-law had held baby Allison close when she started crying, rocking her gently.

Kate awkwardly rearranged the baby in her arms, making it so she cradled her, and she bounced her gently.

"Please stop crying," Kate begged, pacing as she bounced her.

The baby's cries started to lessen and now she only stared up at Kate in wonder.

"Where are your parents, little girl?" Kate asked her, then she spotted something stitched into the blanket, a name,"Hope Andrea?  Is that your name?  Hope?"

"Where are your parents, little girl?" Kate asked her, then she spotted something stitched into the blanket, a name,"Hope Andrea? Is that your name? Hope?"

Kate rearranged her arms again so she could pull her phone out of her pocket, and she called her older brother.

"Chris?" She said, still bouncing the baby,"Yeah, it's me."

Hope started to fuss again, pulling on Kate's hair.

"No, don't do that," Kate told Hope scoldingly as Hope started to make incoherent noises.