Night School (Part 1)

The school doors slam shut, shaking on their hinges as Scott and Stiles grip the handlebars with everything they've got.

"Lock it! Lock it!" Scott shouted.

"Do I look like I have a key?" Stiles shouted incredulously.

"Grab something--" Scott yelled.

"What?" Stiles asked, looking around.

"ANYTHING!" Scott roared.

While Scott clutches the handlebars, Stiles looks out the doors to the bolt cutters leaning against the wall outside.

"No," Scott said, knowing exactly what Stiles was thinking.

"Yes," Stiles said.

"No, Stiles, don't--" Scott started, but Stiles just pushed past him stepping outside into the cold air.

Holding still, Stiles glances into the darkness. All he sees is the breath pluming from his lips. Then feet moving, he races to the side of the building where the bolt cutters lie. Grabbing them, he turns back to see Scott staring out the glass doors. Trying to speak. Trying to say,"RUN!"

Stiles slowly turns his head as something lopes out of the darkness, a swiftly moving shadow coming after him.

Stiles took off running towards the doors, but the Alpha caught him and shoved him against the wall. Stiles felt its hot breath against his face and he squeezed his eyes shut, the claw holding him against the wall constricting his lungs so he couldn't breathe.

In a desperate attempt to escape Stiles swung the bolt cutters toward the Alpha's head but he only snatched it from his grasp and chucked it toward the door where Scott was.

Stiles breathed heavily, literally fearing for his life. Ever since he found Scott he had been afraid of what else might happen. Hope was a witch and he hid his fear from her, being constantly afraid for his life was starting to be very normal.

He didn't want to be afraid anymore, he was embarrassed of himself for being this afraid. So he tried something else, the one thing that always seemed to over power his fear of everything, something he keeps hidden from everyone. His anger.

Stiles clenched his jaw as he felt the Alpha's face draw nearer, as if he was going to bite him, turn him into something that he didn't want to be. That one thought started to fuel Stiles' rage.

His eyes shot open, and he brought up his two feet and mustering all his strength and kicked the Alpha away, and surprisingly the Alpha stumbled back, not a lot, just enough for Stiles to drop back to the ground and run for the door snatching the bolt cutters and running back into the school.

Stiles charges back in with the bolt cutters. Scott grabs the other handle, the two of them fumbling to get both sides of the tool down into the bars, a makeshift lock.

When they look up again the walkway leading to the doors lies empty. A few leaves tumble across the pavement.

They slowly retreat back, taking each step faster and faster until they're running.

Scott and Stiles hurtle into a dark classroom.

"The desk," Stiles told him,"The desk!"

They slip around the teacher's desk and start pushing it toward the door only to flinch at the loud squeal of metal against tile.

"Stop!" Stiles said suddenly,"Stop."

They both still, speaking quickly.

"The door's not going to keep it out," Stiles whispered.