Ice Pick (Part 2)

Under the sound of barking dogs in the back of the clinic, Scott absentmindedly cleans around medical supplies. He picks up a jar as he wipes the counter underneath it and barely notices as it slips right out of his hand.

The crash spins him around.

With a sigh, he bends down to clean up the pieces. Then notices his boss, Dr. Deaton, kneeling to help,"Why do I get the feeling you've got a lot on your mind?"

"Sorry. It just kind of slipped through my fingers," Scott tells him, then to himself he says,"Everything's slipping through my fingers."

"Now that sounds like a far too world-weary thing for a teenager to say," Deaton tells him.

"Sorry," Scott says.

"You might want to try a different perspective. This is actually just entropy at work," Deaton says, wiping the shattered pieces into a dustpan, Deaton holds it up for Scott to take a look,"And this is actually more the way of the universe than that," He says, nodding to the unbroken jars on the counter,"But it doesn't necessarily mean it's falling apart. It's just changing shape."

Scott meets his enigmatic gaze,"For better or worse?"

Deaton starts to smile,"Exactly."

In the back room, Hope listens to their conversation with her new enhanced hearing, pondering on what it could mean. She's a werewolf in a family full of werewolf hunters, could it be a good thing? Maybe it'll make them see how bad it is to hurt and terrorize others of her kind.

Hope almost laughs, not even twenty four hours of being a werewolf and she is already referring to them as her kind.

A vicious bark suddenly drags her out of her thoughts, she turns to a rottweiler looking at her angrily, barking again. It scratches at the cage, like it's trying to find a way out.

Hope walks toward the cage, crouching down in front of it,"What's wrong? Hmm?"

It only barks again, it's spit hitting her face.

She wipes it away, glaring at the dog now. Her eyes narrow, then they start to glow, making the dog whimper.

The dog looks like it's trying to resist something, then it finally lays down.

Hope smiles, opening the cage and petting it softly,"Good girl," She whispers.

Change Of View

Allison grabs her coat while Lydia waits on the bed for her. A knock comes at her open door.

"Headed out?" Chris asks her.

"Studying," Allison tells her father, sensing what he's about to ask next.

Lydia gives Argent a smile and wave. He casually pulls Allison closer to the door.

"Just studying, Dad," Allison repeats.

"I get it. But you need to remember what happened," Argent says, glancing at the strawberry blonde girl.

"You want me to stop being friends with her?" Allison asks worriedly.

"Actually, we want the opposite," Chris corrects,"I know how this might sound, but we need you to keep on eye on her."

"You want me to spy on her?" She asks, sounding almost offended.

"We want you to look out for your friend. To make sure everything's okay with her," Chris tries to convince her.

They glance to Lydia who snaps a picture of herself with her phone and then turns it around to admire it.

"She seems okay to me," Allison tells him.