Second Chance At First Line (Part 2)

Stiles burst into Scott's room, a crazy look in his eye,"What did you find? How did you find it? Where did you find it? And yeah, I've had a lot of Adderall."

At his desk Scott is working on something, concentrating on it with exacting focus,"I found something at Derek Hale's," Scott said finally.

"Are you kidding? What?" Stiles asked immediately.

"Something's buried there. I smelled blood," Scott told his best friend.

"That's awesome. I mean that's terrible. Whose blood?" Stiles said in a rush.

"That's what I need you to help me find out. And when we do, we're going to help your dad nail Derek for the murder. And then you're going to help me figure out how to play lacrosse without changing," Scott said, standing up to reveal that he was working on his lacrosse stick. He spins it with a look of pride,"Because there's no way I'm not playing in that game."

Change Of View

Hope did several push ups, it was something that her Mom forced her to do everyday, now it felt wrong if she didn't. Everyday she would do at least thirty pushups in the morning, thirty in the afternoon, and forty at night. And the same thing for squats.

"Hey," Allison said, coming into her room.

"You okay?" Hope asked.

"Can I ask you something?" Allison asked,"And you can totally say no if you want to."

"What is it?" Hope asked, now concerned.

"Have you ever wanted to find your birth parents?" Allison asked.

Hope looked down, sitting on her bed, and wiping the sweat away from her forehead,"Yeah, I do. I've actually talked to my Mom about it a lot. We just don't know where to start."

"Why?"

"I wasn't really given up, not really anyway," Hope explained,"I was found in the middle of a cemetery, not even a trace of who my birth parents really were. Six months later, Mom found out and adopted me. The only thing I have from them is my bracelet, this baby blanket, and a letter from my bio-Mom," Hope told her while taking out the blue blanket with cursive letters saying Hope Andrea.

"Can I see the letter?" Allison asked.

Hope nodded, reaching into her bag and into a plastic bag and pulling out a wrinkled paper.

Allison opened it and read it out loud,"Dear Zoe...or Kaitlyn...or Angela. To my little girl. Your dad just asked if this was a love letter. I guess it kind of is. I never got to know my mother. I have no idea what she must have thought when she carried me. So, I thought I'd write to you, so you can know how happy I am at this very moment. How much your father and I can't wait to meet you. And, I want to make you a promise, of three things that you will have that I never did: a safe home, someone to tell you that they love you every single day, and someone to fight for you, no matter what. In other words, a family. So, there you go, baby girl. The rest, we're going to have to figure out together. I love you. Your mom."

Hope wiped away a tear before Allison could see it.

"It sounds like she..." Allison trailed off, looking at Hope.

"Cared about me, wasn't planning to give me up?" Hope suggested and Allison nodded,"It sure sounds like it did. I don't know, maybe I was the daughter of some gang leader," Hope said, chuckling,"Or maybe a russian mafia. I would sometimes make up who my parents really were."

"Have you ever wanted a Dad?" Allison asked,"I mean, I know Kate can be a good Mom, but you never had a Dad."

"I did, I do," Hope replied,"But Mom isn't really the dating type, she has hook ups that she thinks I don't know about, but I do."