Pack Mentality (Part 1)

Hope made sure no one was in the kitchen before, dumping a bit of salt onto the counter, she put her hand over it and the tugging in her heart came back, flexing her fingers she lifted her hand and the salt followed.

The salt floated into the air, and she looked at it in amazement. She turned her palm face up, and the salt followed. The small specs breaking off from their group and going above her palm.

She contorted her fingers and the salt made several different incoherent shapes.

Hope smiled,"Cool."

"Hope?" Allison said, and the salt immediately fell to the counter as Hope spun around to face her,"What are you doing up so early?"

"Couldn't sleep," Hope said quickly,"Weird dreams."

Allison squinted, her exhaustion made her struggle to keep her eyes open,"Okay, just go back to bed. We have school in a few hours."

Hope nodded immediately and she headed back upstairs and into her room.

She crawled under the covers and just stayed there, staring at the ceiling unable to sleep.

Time Skip

Stiles slammed his Jeep door shut, slinging his school bag over his shoulder. Replaying what Scott had told him about his dream about killing Allison over and over.

"And then what? You killed her?" Stiles asked his best friend, making sure he heard correctly, as Scott followed him from his Jeep toward the school.

"I don't know. I woke up. I was sweating like crazy and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that," Scott said, clearly shaken by the dream.

"I have. But it usually ends a little differently," Stiles admitted.

"A: I meant I've never had a dream that felt that real. And B: never give me that much detail about you in bed ever again," Scott told him.

"Noted. But I'm going to take a guess here--" Stiles started.

"I know. You think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow. Like I'm afraid I'm going to lose control and rip her throat out," Scott interrupted.

"No, of course not," Stiles said sarcastically and Scott gave him a look that told him to answer more honestly,"Yeah, that's totally it."

Scott nodded, hanging his head low.

"It's going to be okay. Personally, I think you're handling this pretty fricking amazingly. It's not like there's a Lycanthropy for Beginners Class you can take," Stiles said.

"Not a class," Scott said,"Maybe a teacher," He suggested.

"Who? Derek? You forgetting the part where we got him tossed in jail?" Stiles said, thinking that the new animal part of him was making him crazy.

"I know, but all of it, chasing her, dragging her back onto the bus. It felt so real," Scott said, wincing as he remembered the dream.

They both walked to the back entrance by the buses.

"How real?" Stiles asked.

"Like it actually happened," Scott said.

Stiles stopped dead in his tracks,"I think it did."

Across the parking lot police tape cordons off one of the school buses. Sheriff Stilinski and his Deputies oversee a Lab Tech examining the rear bus door hanging from its hinges. And the worst part was that it was covered in blood, a lot of it.

Scott grabbed Stiles and dragged him into the school, both of them searching for Allison.

"She's probably fine--" Stiles started.