Co-Captain (Part 1)

A gleaming white light floods the night sky. As the brilliant glow focuses into a bank of spotlights over the lacrosse field, a chant rises up.

"State! State! State!"

Fists reach into the light, pumping in unison. Amidst the rush of fans crowding the team at the benches, only one face doesn't seem ecstatic over the win: Scott McCall.

As the players rush towards the school, the doors bursting open and the still chanting crowd fills the hallway.

Scott pushes through the crowd, looking for one person,"Stiles!" He calls out,"Has anyone seen Stiles?"

He turns and unexpectedly find himself facing Allison. Pressed together in the mob, they look at each other for an awkward second.

Scott opens his mouth to speak and Briant steps between them, chanting,"State! State! State!"

They both stare blankly at him in annoyance until he finally decides to chant in someone else's face.

"You were pretty awesome out there," Allison tells him over the sound of the crowd as the players went to the locker room.

"Thanks, you too. I mean--that's not what I meant," Scott says, stumbling over his english, having the first friendly conversation with Allison for what felt like years.

"No, I did some pretty awesome cheering. You can thank me," Allison says, playing along with what Scott said.

"You did?"

"Totally," Allison says,"I went from 'Go, Team, Go' to 'Defense, Defense' without a breath. I brought my A game," She says, sarcastically.

The commotion seems to fade around them as Scott can't help but smile at her effort to charm him. Until Brian pops back in between them,"State! State! State!"

Scott shoots a murderous glare at him. Brian shrinks away, allowing Scott to return his attention to Allison. But she's down the hall now, Argent with his arm around her shoulder, gently guiding her out with the rest of the dissipating crowd.

Gazing after them, Scott doesn't notice Jackson stepping up to whisper in his ear,"That's heartbreaking, man. I bet it's been a lot of sleepless nights, huh? You. Your hand. A box of tissues?"

Eyes narrowing, Scott resists responding to the taunts.

"You know what, though, McCall? I actually sympathize. Which is why I'm going to make this mutually beneficial. You get me what I want? I'll help you get her back," Jackson tells him.

"What?" Scott asks incredulously.

"Three days makes it just in time for the winter formal. Think about you taking her instead of me. And think about all the things you'll be able to do to get her out of some tight little dress by the end of the night. See how this could work out for all of us?" Jackson tells him, backing away, letting it sink in,"Three days, McCall."

Time Skip

Stepping out of the steam-filled shower, a deeply troubled Scott pulls a towel around his waist. He passes by Danny who changes into his street clothes at his locker.

"By the way, McCall," Danny says, drawing Scott's attention to him,"Apology accepted," He tells him, referring to when Scott had hurt him during practice.

"Uh, I didn't apologize," Scott says, confused.

"Every time you got the ball tonight you passed it to me," Danny reminds him.

"You scored every time I passed to you," Scott replies.

Danny nods,"Apology accepted."

Bag slung over his shoulder, Danny heads out. Noticing he's the only one left in the locker room, Scott quickly starts to get dressed. But he's barely zipped up his jeans when he hears footsteps.