Second Chance At First Line (Part 3)

The morning sun rose, the cops around the Hale house were speaking quietly, as Derek with his permanent look of anger was handcuffed and shoved into the back of a cop car.

Scott leaned against the jeep looking at the crime scene and his eyes widened as he saw Stiles start to approach the car Derek was in.

Scott mouthed No! To him several times but Stiles just ignored him as he practically dived into the passenger seat of the car.

Derek glanced up from behind the cage, and he glared at Stiles.

"Just so you know, I'm not afraid of you," Stiles started off.

Derek almost smiles. Almost.

"Okay, maybe I am. Doesn't matter. I just want to know something. The girl you killed..." Stiles said, looking around to make sure that no one was around,"She was a werewolf. But she was a different kind, wasn't she?" Stiles looked to Derek for confirmation and got none,"She could turn herself into an actual wolf. I know Scott can't do that. And I think you can't either. Is that why you killed her?"

"Why are you so worried about me when it's your friend who's the problem?" Derek said, leaning forward, making Stiles pullback,"When he shifts on the field, what do you think they're going to do? Just keep cheering him on? I can't stop him from playing. But you can. And trust me. You want to."

The passenger door swung open and Stiles was suddenly yanked out of the car by his jacket and dragged him away from the car,"Ow, ow, ow, ow," Stiles said as his father dragged him away.

"There. Stand," Noah said, making Stiles stop,"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Noah Stilinski asked his son angrily.

"Just trying to help," Stiles said.

"How about you help me understand exactly how you came across this?" Stilinski said, crossing his arms.

"We were looking for Scott's inhaler," Stiles lied not very smoothly.

"Which he dropped when?" Noah questioned.

"The other night," Stiles said quickly.

"The other night when you came out to look for the first half of the body?" Stilinski asked, keeping his anger from appearing on his face.

"Yes," Stiles said, smiling, but then he realized his mistake,"No!... Crap," Stiles mumbled.

"So you lied to me?" Noah asked.

"That depends on how you define lying," Stiles said quickly.

"I define it as not telling the truth. How do you define it?" Stilinski replied.

Stiles let out a breath, racking his sarcastic brain for an answer,"Reclining your body in a horizontal position?" Stiles offered.

"Get the hell out of here," Stilinski said.

"Absolutely," Stiles said, sprinting to his jeep.

Stiles and Scott drove away quickly not caring about the speed limit.

"I can't find anything about Wolfsbane being used for burial," Scott told Stiles.

"Keep looking. Maybe it's like a ritual. Like they bury you as a wolf. Or maybe it's like a special skill. Like something you have to learn," Stiles suggested.

"I'll put it on my to-do list. Right underneath: Figure out how the hell I'm playing the game tonight," Scott grumbled, becoming very anxious and frustrated.

"Maybe it's different for girl werewolves--" Stiles started.

"Okay, stop it," Scott growled.

"Stop what?" Stiles asked, growing confused and fearful.