Sixty Six <3

||Josette's POV||

"Darling" Rudy's raspy voice pulls me from my sleep and I groan rubbing my eyes in order to adjust to the light shining through the room. My thoughts are disorientated as I open my eyes to an unfamiliar room but I soon remember that we were now in Barbados. Rudy's arm snakes around my stomach and rubs small circles onto it.

"What time is it?" My voice is laced with tiredness and sleep. I know I must've been sleeping for at least 6 hours but fuck I felt absolutely exhausted. Pregnancy really drains my energy.

"It's 6am baby, I'm sorry to wake you but I didn't know if you wanted to come to set for the first day of filming? We were a little too distracted when we got home last night and I forgot to ask you" humour is hidden behind his words and the events of when we got home flood my mind making my cheeks rush pink. After we had hung out with the group and gotten home we may have gotten a little carried away if you know what I mean.... And I must say that it was fucking amazing. The hormones from my pregnancy has sure as hell heightened my sex drive and neither myself or Rudy were complaining about it.

"Yea of course just give me a few minutes to wake up" I mumble back to him and he kisses me on the shoulder before getting out of the bed again leaving me to get up. This was early, for too early for me but I wanted to do this for Rudy and show him that I cared for his work. It was important to me that Rudy knew how much I cared for him. I pull myself up into a seated position and swing my legs over the side of the bed sitting there for a while. Before I get up to get dressed Rudy comes trailing back into the room with a glass of water in hand along with my medication, this had become a frequent routine for us and the small venture made my heart flutter.

"Thank you babe" I smile at him gratefully and I'm sure the exhaustion is prominent on my face.

"Josie you don't have to come with us babe, you can stay and rest" I shake my head at him instantly telling him no, I wanted to do this. I quickly gulp down the medicine as he watched me before placing the glass down and holding my hands out to him.

"No way am I missing JJ Maybank in action" I smirk to him as he rolls his eyes at me and plays with my hands that are in his own. "Now help me up Maybank" he chuckles at me ignoring the name and gently pulls me up from my position in the bed.

I spend another 15 minutes getting ready and settle on a pair of bike shorts and simple over sized tee, the weather was incredibly humid and warm so minimal soothing was best. Once we arrive on set Rudy tells me that he has to do an hour or so of script reads before filming so he leaves me to catch up on some sleep in the car. I sink back into the seat and lean against the window letting sleep take ahold of my body.

-

Obnoxious knocking makes me jump out of my skin and almost have a repeat of what happened in the nursery nearly pissing myself. I jolt up in my seat looking round to see Rudy's amused face peering into the window at me. I give him a hard glare knowing how funny he finds himself before rolling down the window.

"What do you want Pankow?" His laughing lowers and he scratches the back of his neck awkwardly.

"So uhhhh we have a slight situation on set. You don't have any experience with doing girls hair do you?" He grins at me hopefully and I laugh at him getting out of my position in the car.

"I'm a girl with long hair Rudy, of course I do" i give him a sassy look and he shakes his head laughing at me before leading me over to a small building. As we walk in my walk comes to an abrupt halt when I realise that the room is full of people half of which I don't know. I of course know the group but there are also others who I assume to be the directors and on set staff. When we enter the room all eyes turn to us and Rudy steps aside and pulls me forward into the view of everyone. All I want to do right now is sink into a hole, I hate having the attention on me. A man who I don't know and a woman who I recognise as Rose from the show approach us and I stand closer to Rudy's body in attempt to hide the massive bulge on my stomach.

"Hi, you must be Josette! I'm Caroline" her warm smile puts me at ease and I smile back to her and Rudy wraps an arm around my shoulders in comfort sensing that I was slightly uncomfortable.

"Josette, I'm Jonas the director. It's great to have you on board with us for the filming" he outstretches his arm and I accept as he lightly shakes my hand.

"Thank you so much for allowing me to tag along, it means so much to me" my voice is timid and I try my best to show gratitude towards that opportunity that he's given to me.

"It's no problem at all. Now Rudy says that you may be able to help us with the hair?" He looks between the two of us before I quickly nod my head speaking up.

"Oh yea of course, I'd be happy to help" relief washes over his face and I feel happy to know that they'd trust me to be apart of their show in some way. Rudy's hand moves to the small of my back and I look up to him briefly before turning my attention back to Jonas and Caroline.

"That's great, we need to get Maddison, Carlacia and Madelyn ready for their first scene. Caroline can help because she doesn't have a scene today. There is a brief on the desk in their trailers for what they should look like. If you guys could just follow that to the best of your abilities then that would be great" his words make me nervous but Caroline places a hand on my shoulder turning to Jonas.

"Don't worry we've got this right Josette?" She grins at me and I smile back to her nodding.

"That's great, now Rudy I need you to come with me to shoot your scene. See you later ladies" Rudy quickly places a kiss on my cheek before hurting off following Jonas. I turn to Caroline taking a deep breath, hair wasn't exactly my specialty in life. It's also going to be embarrassingly difficult to not call her Rose the entire time.

A/N
Hello my loves, I'm sorry that this is a short and boring chapter but I wanted to at least get something out for you. Also who is your favourite OBX character and why? Mine is probably Pope because in my opinion he's the most loyal of them all and would literally drop the most important thing in his life for his friends. My favourite is Pope however my most relatable is JJ for sure, his life's a shit show and so is mine.
Please vote, comment and share <3

- J x