Six <3

||Josette's POV||

It had been two weeks sines I last saw Rudy, since I last spoke to him even. To say I had fallen into my own deathly trap over the past two weeks was an understatement. This was no longer about Rudy, this was about myself and my own self worth - or lack of. Emma had gone MIA however this was a regular occurrence considering her work was usually out of town and for long periods of time. However this time I needed her, I had fallen back into my trap of smoking weed and spending almost everyday high. And yea this may sound like the everyday average 20 year old but not when your dealer is your abuse ex boyfriend, that's when things get messy. The messages from Rudy hadn't stopped regardless of me being completely radio silent with him. I wanted to let him in and if I'm being honest I missed him but I knew I wasn't ready and leaving him out of my life was for the best.

Before leaving to go to work I drop Dave off to my neighbour's apartment who had agreed to look after him whenever I needed. She was a lonely old lady so having Dave's company was good for her while I was out. Bidding him goodbye I make my way out of the lobby only to stop dead in my tracks. Across the street near my car is Rudy talking to a camera guy, they hadn't been here for the past two weeks so I had assumed that they were gone. However to make the situation worse Jaxon my ex and the drug dealer was walking towards me on the sidewalk with a smug smirk upon his face. Panicking and knowing exactly what that look on his face means I hastily fast walk across the street away from Jaxon and towards Rudy.

As I approach him he looks up at me confused and the person he was talking to before walks away. I quickly reach for Rudy's arm slinging it over my shoulder as I hear Jaxon calling out my name. Rudy looks down at me with his arm still around my shoulder "Josette what the-"

I nudge his side mumbling to him quietly "Please just help me and go along with it" as I finish Jaxon is approaching us with a glare upon his face which makes me nervously sink into Rudy's side even more.

"Josie who the fuck is this piece of shit?" He growls looking Rudy up and down.

Rudy instinctively pulls me closer to him now understanding my panic when coming over to him. "I'm her boyfriend so how about you get the fuck out of here" Rudy stares back at him and Jaxon stumbles backwards as if he was hurt by the words that Rudy spoke. Jaxon looks to me for confirmation on what Rudy is saying and I nod my head at him confirming.

"I'll be back Josie, I don't buy this one bit. Enjoy her man, she's a little slut" he spits before stumbling back towards his car. Once he's gone I turn myself fully in towards Rudy's chest, he protectively wraps his arms around me rubbing my back as I let out a shaky breath.  "Hey it's okay he's gone" I pull away from Rudy as his arms loosen.

"Thank you Rudy" I wrap my arms around my body feeling more vulnerable from the loss of Rudy's contact. "Josette you need to explain to me what that was about" I shake my head at him not wanting to go through this conversation right now.

"Rudy I have to get to work right now but I promise I'll explain myself tonight okay? Meet me back here at 8 yea?" Before he can protest I jump in my car driving away. This is going to be a long day.

-

My thoughts were wrong and the end of the day rolled around quickly. Far too quick for my liking. Looking at the time it was 7:45 and I had told Rudy to meet me at 8. I knew I owed him an explanation after this morning, he helped me without even hesitating so the least I could do was tell him why.