Forty Three <3

PLEASE READ !!!!

A/N - To all of my supporters, I just wanted to say thank you to you all for showing me support. However for the next few weeks my updates may be a little short/inconsistent. My city has been in a covid lockdown for the past 10 weeks which I think we can all agree has a large toll on mental health however our prime minister had just announced that is looking unlikely that we will be out of it by Christmas. At the moment my mental health is at a low however reading all of your comments lifts me up immensely. Thank you all for supporting me so far. Please just stick with me and the slow updates. All my love - J x

||Josette's POV||

"Baby you've got a text" Rudy's voice pulls me from my sleep and I groan rolling over towards the bedside table. I reach over to grab my phone to see I had an incoming text from Dylan.

Dylan
Lunch today at the pub. Just me you and Rudy?

Josie
As long as barbie isn't there

Dylan
She won't be, she's getting stuff ready for the wedding tomorrow

Josie
See you there at 1

I place my phone back onto the nightstand and roll on my back pulling the sheets from my body and pulling up Rudy's shirt to reveal the prominent bump on my stomach. I run my hand along it and Rudy turns to me placing his large hand on top of it too.

"She's going to be beautiful" Rudy smiles up at me and I return the gesture.

"I don't know how much longer I can hide her, she's getting pretty darn big" he chuckles nodding his head in agreement. "Let's get ready, I need to go to the pharmacy. We can get breakfast while we are out" he agrees and hops out of the big bed coming over to my side helping me up too.

Luckily we make it out of the house without having to have any interactions with my family. The weather outside was frosty and cold so I was wearing thick leggings a knitted jumper and a jacket overtop. The thickness of my jumper and jacket helped to hide my baby bump. When we begin our drive to the pharmacy Rudy looks out the window deep in thought.

"Everything okay Ru? I'm sorry about last night. I told you my family were pretty full on. And I'm sorry for how I acted, I can't really control my emotions" I apologise. He must think we are all crazy.

"Josie you have nothing to apologise for, if anyone does it's them. I'm so sorry for the way that they all treat you, you don't deserve any of it and it's not right. I wish I could've said more to stick up for you but I don't exactly want them hating me" he looks guilty which he has no reason to be.

"Babe don't be like that. I totally get it but what you did for me at the dinner was more than enough and I'm so thankful. Don't worry I can handle their stupid insults" I smile at him and he lightly shakes his head as if saying that it was wrong.

-

The rest of the morning goes quickly, we get breakfast from a small cafe in town and I pick up the correct medication. Next thing we know it is 1 and we are at the familiar pub that Dylan and I used to always go to as teens.

I lead Rudy through the pub and out to the tables in the garden area that Dylan and I used to sit at and we find him there waiting with a beer in hand. As we approach him he looks up smiling.

"About bloody time, I've been waiting her like a complete loaner" he jokes and I roll my eyes.

"We are 10 minutes late, miss my ass" Rudy laughs before greeting Dylan and they create a conversation. The waiter comes to the table and we order a few bowls of chips, myself a orange juice and Rudy matches Dylan with a beer.