☺︎︎ Chapter Sixty-Four

"So, Jaemin," Dracula starts off by mentioning his son's name after they've finished their meal– including dessert.

The vampire prince turns his head to him, away from previously wiping Jeno's messy lips that still had a bit of sorbet left.

Once he got his son's full attention, Dracula brushes the thought of Jaemin's obvious reaction with what he's about to say and just goes for it.

"Since you're here again, why don't we discuss about your place on the throne–"

"No." As expected, Jaemin says through gritted teeth. "We shall not discuss this again." Eyes slightly glowing a shade of red.

"Jaemin, honey, please understand–" Mina practically pleads for the vampire prince to think more about this, actually realize the main point here.

Usually, Jaemin would snap at them and argue to no end until eventually, his parents lets him off.

But right now, he hesitates for a second when he had a glimpse of Jeno's face; eyebrows knitted together and lips forming into a frown.

So instead, he stands up and drops the table napkin he was using to help clean Jeno's lips earlier. "Excuse me, I'm heading to the balcony."

Before Jeno could react and probably try to hold him back, Jaemin was already gone.

He looks down before Mina softly calls his name, he snaps his head back up to meet the vampire lady's eyes and unconsciously slouches on his seat.

"If you want to talk to Jaemin later, you can." Mina says, "I'm sure you're already informed about Jaemin's deal with the whole throne thing, right?"

Jeno nods silently as Mina hums, "then you can try to make him realize what's the purpose of his role. If you're willing to help us." She adds the last part after two seconds.

"By us, I mean everyone else. His vampire friends, werewolf friends, witch friends, the people, and even your friends." Dracula elaborates a little.

The human boy purses his lips, "of course I want to help," he slowly bites his lower lip, dragging it with his upper teeth before adding, "but I don't want to make him mad..."

"Oh dear," Mina coos, finding it cute in a way how her son's human boyfriend is too caring and sweet. "Well, Jaemin's a stubborn one, alright."

"Oh for sure, almost as stubborn as me." Jeno thought to himself, forgetting who he's in the room with.

Jaemin's parents stifles a chuckle, couldn't help but agree and feel amused by Jeno's wondering thoughts.

"But do what you got to do," Dracula said after clearing his throat and swallowing down the upcoming chuckle earlier.

"If you're proving a point and want to make him understand, fight for it." Mina nods beside her husband, "especially with this certain topic, he won't back down." A sigh then escapes Dracula's dry lips.

When Jeno fell silent and was just staring at his empty plate, seemingly deep in thought on how he should do this or if he even should do this, Mina smiles.