☺︎︎ Chapter Sixty-Eight

"Oh my gosh–" Jeno gasps as he sees his vampire boyfriend entering the room. He abruptly stands up and drops the deck of cards he was holding. "Hyung!"

Running off, he crashes into Jaemin's open arms and hugs him tightly. The others also stop playing with the cards as they approach the hugging pair, yet still kept a distance as they didn't want to ruin the moment.

"Holy shit– hyung, you're okay!" Jeno shrieks, merely pulling away to give Jaemin his look of relief before nuzzling his face back to his broad chest.

"Woah, you made Jeno curse." Haechan comments, his reaction m

The elder boy lets out a sigh and lets himself relax against Jeno's body, hugging the human boy close as he plants a kiss on his crown.

"I'm guessing you won?" Yangyang said, almost in a teasing manner as he has his arms crossed. "Just a few more minutes and word will spread."

Jaemin looks up from Jeno's fluffy and soft hair, his lips forming into a grin. "And what if I did?" Low-key feeling prideful.

Hearing him, all of them cheered as his two vampire friends started saying along the lines of, "I told you so." While their werewolf buddy howls.

"All hail king Jaemin Na!" The others exaggerates by bowing down to his feet while Haechan was left standing up, slow clapping.

Jaemin felt a little awkward and shy, but he doesn't admit it out loud and instead chuckles quietly whilst scratching his nape.

"We're glad you're okay though," Mark said, the others nodding in agreement before they all snicker loudly. "Your boyfriend over there wouldn't stop worrying."

Jaemin looks down to try and face his human boyfriend, but the latter was feeling too shy to meet his eyes and chose to turn his head to the side.

"I'm okay now, pup. There's nothing to worry about anymore." Jaemin says softly, reassuring his lover as his other arm snakes around Jeno's shoulder blades.

"I know." The younger boy mumbles, exhaling through his mouth. He leans his cheek on Jaemin's broad chest, relaxing against him. "I was really scared though."

"That I'll get hurt?" Jaemin asks with an amused chuckle.

Earning a nod, he shakes his head. "Silly, vampires can heal easily from time to time." He states matter-of-a-factly.

"This whole battle for the throne thing isn't too much for me, besides, most of them got kicked out because they tried to cheat." Shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly.

Hendery raises a brow with his lips smirking teasingly, "you sure are becoming more cocky nowadays, your highness." Making sure to emphasize the last part for Jaemin to hear.

Haechan, who was back to playing on his phone because the card game has been put to a hold, snorts. "Let him be, he's probably trying to impress his boyfriend or something."

Getting called out, Jaemin could only huff in response as he didn't really need to deny anything– everyone knows Haechan's words has a high chance of being true.

"Pfft, lame." The tanned male continues to annoy but immediately shuts up when both Mark and Jeno deadpans with:

"But you do that to Markie hyung too."

"Babe, you're literally just as worse."

Turning back to Jaemin again, they then begin to interrogate him about what happened and all. Expressing their thoughts and reactions so much that Jaemin almost tells them to shut up.

Until Yangyang suddenly comments, "so what about it? You planning on making Jeno your Queen or something?" With a cheeky smile showing.

The human boy blushes in embarrassment, wanting to tell him to not say something so ridiculous. But he snaps his head back up to look at his vampire boyfriend when the latter smiles and says:

"Stop spoiling my plans, dude." Yangyang rolling his eyes as all of them started teasing Jeno about it.

When Jaemin turns to look at Jeno, the younger boy panics a little and starts feeling sort of doubtful. "Wait!" He says just before Jaemin could say anything.

Furrowing his eyebrows, the elder boy waits patiently like he was told as Jeno takes a deep breath. "You don't have to if you don't want me to, Yangyang's being ridiculous–"

"He's not, he guessed it correctly." Jaemin cuts him off, "I do want you to, I already thought about it and I'm very sure of my decision to make you the other king, or queen whichever you prefer."

This time, Jeno was more on confused and couldn't help but ask, "what about my identity? What happens then? Does your parents even know–"

"Yes, I've already talked to them and everyone else in the castle. They all agreed as they said it's okay, they promised me they'll protect you alongside with me." Jaemin replies.

"And don't worry about your identity as well as after the coronation, I'll tell them we're soulmates and whatnot." He couldn't bite back the excited smile anymore.

Sure, in the past he was so against this whole legacy and royalty thing. But after realizing with the help of his beloved human boyfriend, Jaemin sees it as a positive aspect now.

"So? What do you say?" He asks, wiggling his eyebrows as if to tease the younger boy even more.

Jeno gnaws his lower lip, pondering in thought as he drags the semi wet skin with his teeth before smiling. "That'd be awesome! Yeah!" Nodding his head enthusiastically.

"Great, now everyone, all hail queen Jeno!" Hendery chimes, bowing again as the others follow.

The human boy tells them to get up as Bongsik leisurely walks over to them, "wait, is Bongsik allowed in there?" Jeno begins to wonder after crouching down to pick up his pet cat.

The familiar meows at Jaemin, who smiles and shrugs his shoulders. "Well, obviously she can now because she's your pet and we'll allow it."

The younger boy cheers as he hugs his vampire boyfriend with Bongsik between their chests.

Seeing the feline not hiss at Jaemin still bothers Mark from time to time, "aww come on, Bongsik! What did I ever do to you to make you hate me?" He pouts at her.

Bongsik huffs as she answers with, "you didn't do anything, but your great grandpa did."

"My dear soulmate, oh great– what now?"

"Pup, no comment."