☺︎︎ Chapter Forty-Five

"Jeno?" A deep voice calls, resulting the said boy to blink and look up at his boyfriend who had just stood up from the couch.

"Time for bed." Jaemin said briefly yet sternly, like a parent telling their child.

Nodding, Jeno follows Jaemin to his bedroom and hears a meow behind them. They turn around to see Bongsik giving them– more likely Jeno, a look.

Huffing, Jeno tugs Jaemin with him inside his bedroom and shuts the door– don't worry, he didn't lock Bongsik out.

He pushes Jaemin on the bed and stares at the vampire boy in slight frustration. Crossing his arms while he puffs out his squishy chubby cheeks when he huffs out loud again.

"What now?" Jaemin asks nonchalantly, trying to remain calm and not show too much reaction on his boyfriend's sudden change of behavior as he sat on the bed.

Meanwhile, Jeno was trying not to scold Jaemin again– thinking it wouldn't work like last time and went to another topic to avoid this particular one.

But this time, he's planning on not letting that happen again.

Not when he has the sudden urge of bravery and adrenaline to act like this.

Not when he already has Jaemin right on the spot with him, alone.

And not when his boyfriend looks like he's about to pass out by now if he doesn't get a single drop of blood to drink.

"You've been lying to me." He said, changing his tone to a strict one to match Jaemin's own.

Jaemin raised a brow but Jeno didn't miss the way he gulped hardly. What is Jaemin so nervous about? This? Pfft, as if.

"Did Bongsik snitch?"

"What are you on about? And what have you and Bongsik been talking about behind my back earlier?" He instead replies.

Blinking, Jeno tilts his head and scoffs. "What? And don't try to deflect, Jaemin hyung."

Rolling his eyes, Jaemin slightly leans his back and rests his hands behind him to look at the human boy in front of him properly.

"You turned on the faucet so I couldn't hear properly, blocking out your voices and turned them muffled. I'm sure Yangyang taught you that one before, huh?" He drawls at the end.

Grunting, the younger boy nods his head at his question before stomping his foot on the floor. "Back to the main point, yes you're correct but will you please listen to me and answer honestly, Jaemin hyung?" He pleads.

Pursing his lips, the said boy nods at him and gestures him to continue.

"Why haven't you been drinking from me?" Jeno asks, straightforwardly as a result of desperation on wanting to help his currently weak vampire boyfriend.

Squinting his eyes into a glare, Jaemin tilts his head before letting out a sarcastic chuckle. "Are you still on this? I told you, I don't want to."

"And why not?" Jeno pushes.

That's the small problem between them, they're both stubborn in different ways yet has the same reason.